• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hello

Bagman

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2016 Sport
White
Hello All,
Found this site from watching a You tube video with Mr Nobody and Rob D Man. I love the fact that this is a third gen site only. I have a 16 DCLB Sport going on 31k miles now. Love it except for the incessant hunting and shifting. Worst design of a powertrain I have ever seen. Foremost on my mind is probably going to go with 4.88's. Only mods so far are 17" SCS wheels Toyo AT tires, TRD Pro grill, BAMF sliders and a Leer XR shell for the dogs is due in next week. Looking forward to ideas and any mods one can do.

Hello All,
Found this site from watching a You tube video with Mr Nobody and Rob D Man. I love the fact that this is a third gen site only. I have a 16 DCLB Sport going on 31k miles now. Love it except for the incessant hunting and shifting. Worst design of a powertrain I have ever seen. Foremost on my mind is probably going to go with 4.88's. Only mods so far are 17" SCS wheels Toyo AT tires, TRD Pro grill, BAMF sliders and a Leer XR shell for the dogs is due in next week. Looking forward to ideas and any mods one can do.

Hello and welcome to the forum! It is an excellent place to find all kinds of info. If you don’t find it, just ask.

Post a pic of your rig

Hello All,

Welcome to T3G and thanks for watching the video! Glad you found your way here and I hope I don't look to silly on camera. haha

and Like @Jfrisch01 said, post up some pics of the ?!!!

Welcome to T3G and I’m glad you dig the site! Have any photos of the truck?

Hello All,
Welcome fellow long bed owner! If you haven't had it done yet, try looking into TSB-0062-18. It's a software update for our ECUs that many have found greatly improves the shifting in our trucks. I had it done a while back. I also had 4.88s installed since I'm essentially running 34" E-rared tires and love how it drives. Here's a thread on it.

Thanks every one.
9E92559D-FCDC-4BC2-BCA7-A8D0F4E4BC33.jpeg

Welcome fellow long bed owner! If you haven't had it done yet, try looking into TSB-0062-18. It's a software update for our ECUs that many have found greatly improves the shifting in our trucks. I had it done a while back. I also had 4.88s installed since I'm essentially running 34" E-rared tires and love how it drives. Here's a thread on it.
I tried the bulletin, they put in a different Tsb #, think it was 0058 and they said it was the same as the 0062. In any case there wasnt much difference than before. Im taking it back one more time, next will probably be 4.88. Im only running 31s at the moment so that may be a little low especially I run at 70-80 on freeway. I have about 10-12k left on these tires, I can go taller on the next set.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard.

Thanks all. Just ordered a pop lock kit here frim a sponser. Will work well with the shell and dog security.

Lookin good, but I may a little biased to the shell look

Nice truck, looks like you already have quite a few upgrades. What do you plan on using it for?
The shell is mainly for the dogs. Its more of a daily driver but I want it able to go just about wherever and whenever I want. Some vehicles just need mods and others don't, this is one that need to be personalized. Probably the only other mods for me will be to do something with the crappy drivetrain hunting and shifting. If I go with 4.88's with my 32" tires may cause me to go bigger tires, which would mean some sort of lift. Sigh, it never ends.

The shell is mainly for the dogs. Its more of a daily driver but I want it able to go just about wherever and whenever I want. Some vehicles just need mods and others don't, this is one that need to be personalized. Probably the only other mods for me will be to do something with the crappy drivetrain hunting and shifting. If I go with 4.88's with my 32" tires may cause me to go bigger tires, which would mean some sort of lift. Sigh, it never ends.

Have you looked at the OVTune? I don’t have it personally but many claim it helps make that issue a lot better.

I am starting to look into this it surely would be cheaper than a $2200 set of gears. I see on tacoworld theres another upload called the SSP. Its an inline harness that changes the throttle sensor inputs. Think its $180, but I dont just want to buy into any snake oil fixes.
The problem with the 3rd gen is the double overdrives on an anemic v6 and trying to meet emissions.

Back