• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hello

Thycidides

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2023 Pro Manual
Hello, happy to be part of this community. I bought a used TRD Pro in Solar Octane with a manual transmission.

Welcome! That is a good color. What do you think of it so far?

Welcome! That is a good color. What do you think of it so far?
I'm getting quite a few "nice truck" and thumbs up when I drive around. The truck gets noticed with that bright color.

In terms of attention, I'm coming out of a tuned Lancer Evolution, which was essentially a race car. I used to get thumbs up from sport bike riders (which is unusual for a car), so I guess I like the attention? I'm 50 now, and sick of having every 18 year old try to race me, so the truck is a nice compromise. Having a manual makes me feel less awful about losing out the amazing feeling of rowing gears in the Evo.

My wife likes driving it, too. The stage 2 clutch on the Evo was getting tiring for her to manage as well.

That’s a big change coming from an Evo lol love those cars. Never had any sports cars growing up just a bunch of Jeep Cherokee XJ’s, I miss having them, only 190 hp, however the Tacoma is a fun truck to drive too and I have a bit more power.

Back