• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hello to all the 3rd gen Tacos!

cmorty72

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 Sport DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
Thank you for the "o.k." to join the forum.
I just recently acquired a black 2017 TRD Sport CC 4X4 the day following Memorial Day.
I've been on the fence for a while as far getting another one (my first one was 98' 2.7 PreRunner that I had for 2 weeks, and was stolen out of NAS Mayport, FL. base storage while I was out on sea trials for a month).
So far most of the mods I've done to this "dark Taco" have been minor (window tint, led upgrades all around, replacing the chrome cheese grater grille with something more to my liking, etc... ). As for my plans for this Taco? I'm still on the fence with a lot of things (lift/leveling, wheel/tire combo, engine... ), which also depends on my budget on hand. I'm not an avid 4 wheeling type, but I do like to hit the great out doors.

Welcome, might become more and more of a 4 wheeling type though if you find some amazing campsites on a fun road, that’s how it’s been growing way more and more on me lol

Welcome, might become more and more of a 4 wheeling type though if you find some amazing campsites on a fun road, that’s how it’s been growing way more and more on me lol
My son and his buds have already pointed out a couple of great locations off the beaten path that I've been wanting to check out. So yes, I may soon become an enthusiast before too long. But like most fun things, it's going to require a lot of "$", which I'm currently on a budget for.

Back