• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hello I ordered a 2021 Tacoma yesterday. The dealer said it would be here on Sept 26. are these dates usually good?

Nothing is “usual” right now when it comes to purchasing a vehicle. However, yes I have heard of several others experiencing similar lead times.

Good call on going the new route and not paying new truck money for a used one.

Good luck!

It's a 2021 my mistake.
I have a 2018 Tacoma that I use on the farm. My wife & I wanted a new one as it has options that we want. The one I ordered yesterday is a Tacoma TRD Off road. The 2018 on the farm has 15,000 miles. We will use the new one for cruising.

I think I did ok. I traded a 2009 Rav 4 with 64000 miles. Dealer gave us $11,000 for the Rav and we done the deal.
They told us the 2022s wouldn't out until after the first on the year.
Best to ya
Mike

Congrats! Lookin' forward to seeing it when it arrives!

I put in an order on July 18, the allocation was approved on July 22. Yesterday the dealership said "We have requested your Tacoma but Toyota hasn't fulfilled the order yet. It looks like it's going to be a 2022 model at this point."

Thanks

I didn't think it would be so long. I plan on having heated seats installed. The dealership will do them for $699.
I usually bring the new trucks into Les Schwab and have the factory P tires swapped out for something like Toyos with a LT rating.

I ordered a Toyota Tacoma a week or so back. It had been originally ordered for the dealers stock. My receipt from the dealer shows the Tacoma was ordered 7/20. I asked the dealer if they had any idea when it would show. I was told the dealerships can call the Port of Entry at Portland Or and get the status.

I went down to the dealer today because I wanted to order some accessories . I want to up grade the headlights from the Projections to the LED. I'm not sure if this is going require changing just the bulbs or the whole assembly.
The dealer said they can order Tacoma's based upon the previous numbers of sales. The last they said was mine was ordered 7/20/21 . Said the assembly at the factory in Mexico would start Sept 10 th. They also said the delivery date to the dealership would be Sept 26.
I guess I got into this mess because I didn't like what was available.
Mine is a 2021 TRD Off-Road Tacoma. Any info on the headlights would be appreciated.
They are going to install the BAK Industries Mx4 Tonneau cover as well as the Power Locking tailgate.

This is the first time I ordered direct from the dealer.
Best to ya
Mike

Visited the dealer yesterday. The order for my Tacoma will start build on Monday. They said our order was delayed 6 days because of the shortage of computer chips. It is to be delivered on Sept 30th.

Mike

Back