• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Headlights

IDAHO1811

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
I understand my new Tacoma will come with Projector Headlights. Is there a way to have them switched over to LED?
Will the dealer do these?

Thanks Mike

You're probably gonna be stuck with the projector halogens on the existing order. You can purchase them separate and have the dealer install it or try to work out a deal where you order through them and have them credit you something for the headlights. Then they can try and sell it.
Modifying the existing order of the truck doesn't seem like it will happen. Would definitely be an after sale thing.

You could always purchase then somewhere else and install them yourself. Morimoto XB headlights are also a solid option.

I understand. The kit I found on line shows it would be the LUMEN G10 LED Kit for around $100.
I'm going check with the dealer and see if they would change the bulbs out if I brought them and paid for the labor.

Mike

I understand. The kit I found on line shows it would be the LUMEN G10 LED Kit for around $100.
I'm going check with the dealer and see if they would change the bulbs out if I brought them and paid for the labor.

Mike
Ohhh. Just the LED bulbs and not the headlight. You can do that yourself. LED won't have the extra harness. It's plug and play. Ever replace headlight bulbs?

If you're spending that much, I'd get a quality kit.

Even 15% off right now. Twist the 2 bulbs out. Twist the new ones in. Plug in both sides and you're good to go.

I'd personally dodge LUMEN.

I had replaced bulbs like that many years ago. They are different than I recall. Will I have many issues with adjusting them?
Also I noticed they come in different colors???? What is the deal on those?

I've been restoring VW Things for the last 40 years. They have the old type glass three pronged bulbs.
Thank you
Mike

I had replaced bulbs like that many years ago. They are different than I recall. Will I have many issues with adjusting them?
Also I noticed they come in different colors???? What is the deal on those?

I've been restoring VW Things for the last 40 years. They have the old type glass three pronged bulbs.
Thank you
Mike
Original link: https://vimeo.com/342064196

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvbZc8shIvQ

Could go with Morimoto or Diode Dynamics as well.

The timing on the Xenon Depot you just need to have it vertical for light output. It's just a grub screw on a collar. If you restore VW's, this will be simple. Really shouldn't have the dealer do it.

Last edited:
@IDAHO1811 I personally installed some LED's from Amazon. I ordered SEALIGHT replacement LEDS for my truck. I've had them installed for a few months now. I have zero complaints currently. It is just as easy as unplugging, removing then reverse of that. The ones I ordered do have a fan. Took me maybe 20 min, only because I did the fog lights at the same time. I just ordered 2 sets of the same light, worked for my low beams and fogs.

EA870E8D-0021-4705-8285-675B49E30FDF.jpeg

C3909FDB-BB04-498A-BF5A-4DB623D707E1.jpeg

Back