• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Headlights

Fabio_369

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
My 2020 tacoma has the regular stock headlights.
What would I need to splice to install the new trd led version on my sr5?
Has anyone attempted it yet?

I installed AUXITO H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulb Fanless All-in-one Conversion Kit 9000 Lumens High Low Beam Headlights Fog Lights 6500K Xenon White, Pack of 2

This is with the fogs on as well, I bought 3 sets to replace all the lights.

leds2.JPG

I installed the Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 bulbs in my truck and I love them! The light output is amazing.
520E18DE-9911-48F6-B5DE-64B7533A2CA2.jpeg
23E68190-0B87-4106-867E-FAAAE98115CD.jpeg

That's strange because I thought the '20 was suppose to have LED's
Yeah the trd sport and off road 4x4 are but I guess not the sr5
I actually went and got LEDs after I left the dealer, wasn’t really digging the halogens,

Has anyone bought or know of someone who’s bought the sequential headlights on cali raised web sight ?

I can't decide... Idk if I want these form headlamps or if I wanna spend the extra couple hundro for the Alpharex that I see more of...

What do you guys think about Form?

The stock LED headlight setup is a fantastic upgrade to the halogen projectors and there is an adapter harness to connect the OEM leds to the non-led connections available here:

That said, I think the output of the Morimoto XB Gen 2's is better and I think they look much better so that's the option I went with.

4I6HznQh.jpg

Shot of the output from the Mori's:

akprFnmh.jpg

Re: the other user who put the 2stroke bulbs. I went that way at first also and was not at all satisfied with them. The bulbs a great in other applications, but the Tacoma projectors are garbage. Best to retrofit or change the housing completely.

The stock LED headlight setup is a fantastic upgrade to the halogen projectors and there is an adapter harness to connect the OEM leds to the non-led connections available here:

That said, I think the output of the Morimoto XB Gen 2's is better and I think they look much better so that's the option I went with.

4I6HznQh.jpg

Shot of the output from the Mori's:

akprFnmh.jpg

Re: the other user who put the 2stroke bulbs. I went that way at first also and was not at all satisfied with them. The bulbs a great in other applications, but the Tacoma projectors are garbage. Best to retrofit or change the housing completely.
I did some research on some aftermarket brands. Alpharex seems to have the best output, however they didn't compare Form Lighting which I really wish they did... From what I hear, you need to do some splicing or something with the Alpharex's? Morimoto is all plug n play.. So is Form.. I wanna know if anyone has the Form lights before I pull the trigger on something

I did some research on some aftermarket brands. Alpharex seems to have the best output, however they didn't compare Form Lighting which I really wish they did... From what I hear, you need to do some splicing or something with the Alpharex's? Morimoto is all plug n play.. So is Form.. I wanna know if anyone has the Form lights before I pull the trigger on something
Might want to do some more research. Morimoto extremely outperforms Alpharex. The peak brightness might be higher due to them having 4 leds, but the usable output is much improved with Mori. Unless you're referring to the OE knock-offs. In which case stay even farther away from those.

Might want to do some more research. Morimoto extremely outperforms Alpharex. The peak brightness might be higher due to them having 4 leds, but the usable output is much improved with Mori. Unless you're referring to the OE knock-offs. In which case stay even farther away from those.
Will keep that in mind! :)

Back