• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Headlight. Lights up only half way high..?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Have you notice a divided line at night with the head lights on? On the street it is not noticeable…the top half is black out..

I live on a coffee farm…coffee trees on both sides of the road, plus avocado, mango trees here and there…
Tonight I notice my headlights shines only about 8 feet or so from the ground and up with a line blocking the whole top off in darkness…until you turn on the high beams, that lights up the whole sky in front..

I never paid much attention to it before…till tonight…. It was dark , almost like driving thru a tunnel of trees…then you will see the top half is in darkness….from one end to the other, only the top half is NOT lite…. Best to shine on a garage door..and it is darkness around , You may notice it.. like looking at a flash light with half the lens is covered…half dark and half is lighted..
A bit weird…high beam washes it out…and lights up the whole sky…. For your own information…

We get half a light…? Lol. Guessing to protect other drivers …from blindness…cars on hills or bumps…those lights do blind you , as you see there lights the rises up…
Aloha,

Have

Last edited by a moderator:
Back