• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tutorial Head Unit Feedback?

Trudog

6️⃣ Aficionado
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Hello to all! And hope all is well!

I am looking for any suggestions, feedback, pros and cons to any models of head units available for the 3rd gen Tacomas? A buddy of mine has the T9 in his 4Runner (see link) was also eyeing the Alpine Halo, are they worth the price?

https://trail4runner.com/2019/11/13/4runner-t9-head-unit-review-install/

Be safe and stay encouraged!

I like that Alpine

I'd say it depends on what features you're looking for.

If it's a sound quality upgrade you can keep the head unit

Navigation sucks with Engine. I always use my phone

I like that Alpine

I'd say it depends on what features you're looking for.

If it's a sound quality upgrade you can keep the head unit

Navigation sucks with Engine. I always use my phone
Thanks Rob! I can’t recall have you replaced yours? I had a couple of cold ones and spent money I shouldn’t had so I have the T9 coming out a great discount! The future calls for some OEM speakers after I get tired of the stock JBLs!

I have the stock head unit. I love tech but speakers would be the better mod. Now I'm thinking about power n bass ?

Thanks Rob! I can’t recall have you replaced yours? I had a couple of cold ones and spent money I shouldn’t had so I have the T9 coming out a great discount! The future calls for some OEM speakers after I get tired of the stock JBLs!

I recently traded in my truck for another. & it has the t9 so I kinda googled my way into learning a lot about the truck lol
For pros & cons so far:

pro: no real lag, sound quality & eq customizing, download apps(I did Waze for gps & programmed it to open with navi; as well as agama car launcher) internet, size, looks factory, front anytime camera

con: disconnected my & my fiancées phones Bluetooth until I reset it to factory settings, not sure what version I have but seems slow with phone hot spot randomly,

Back