Greetings from Maryland | 3rd Generation Toyota Tacomas — Tacoma3G.com

Greetings from Maryland

McFlys Ride

T3G Level: Bronze
T3G Supporter
T3G #
First Toyota. Love the looks but in all honesty it’s absolutely anemic. Have stood down on the OV tune 1.05 until the kinks are worked out, but I don’t think I’ll be happy until I bolt up some FI. First world probs I know, but this engine seems incredibly underpowered, and the transmission shift/hold points are all over the place.
9E76A370-0101-460A-8223-903066B86F53.jpeg

Jfrisch01

T3G Level: Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jason
Military Service
Army
T3G #
Hello and welcome.

Truck looks good. Have any luck with the updated TSB for the shifting issues?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

McFlys Ride

T3G Supporter
T3G #
Hello and welcome.

BS’d the tech and convinced him to flash the 18-062. Helps a little no stalling when banging a uturn but it’s a bandaid.

Mr. Nobody

T3G Level: Onyx
Event Director
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G #
BS’d the tech and convinced him to flash the 18-062. Helps a little no stalling when banging a uturn but it’s a bandaid.
Welcome! Truck looks killer, Marty would approve.

The TSB helps but it's not a true fix. Besides you've already got OVTune so you're well beyond the TSB. That said OVTune helps, but it's not the fix either. IMO

I hear ya on the motor. I'm watching OVTune and Magnuson closely. Although Magnuson seems to have given up on the project.

McFlys Ride

T3G Supporter
T3G #
Welcome! Truck looks killer, Marty would approve.

The TSB helps but it's not a true fix. Besides you've already got OVTune so you're well beyond the TSB. That said OVTune helps, but it's not the fix either. IMO

I hear ya on the motor. I'm watching OVTune and Magnuson closely. Although Magnuson seems to have given up on the project.
Sorry I meant to say waiting on the OV tune to work out the kinks before I purchase. Mat said that those who buy the OV Turbo kit will get a discount if they already purchased his tune. I just cobbled together a turbo kit on my mk4 .:R32 this winter so it better be a pretty straight fwd bolt on. 😎

McFlys Ride

T3G Supporter
T3G #
Hello and welcome.

It’s a bit smoother but a bit notchy with ECT “on”. BTW love the Barcelona.

Mr. Nobody

T3G Level: Onyx
Event Director
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G #
Sorry I meant to say waiting on the OV tune to work out the kinks before I purchase. Mat said that those who buy the OV Turbo kit will get a discount if they already purchased his tune. I just cobbled together a turbo kit on my mk4 .:R32 this winter so it better be a pretty straight fwd bolt on. 😎
Gotcha. The OVTune definitely makes a big difference but the motor is what it is so I'm still thinking gears and fi down the line myself.

And I'm going to need pics of your R32. I had a Reflex Silver R a while back. Never would have sold it if it were my dream R, which I couldn't find at the time. One day I'll add a Tornado Red R with cloth insert interior to the stable. Love the wookie sound. 👍

Jfrisch01

T3G Level: Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jason
Military Service
Army
T3G #
It’s a bit smoother but a bit notchy with ECT “on”. BTW love the Barcelona.
That’s slightly good news, I didn’t have luck getting a tsb done one mine. They said my vin was not included in that tsb since it was so new? Idk but I didn’t feel like fighting with them that day lol. I don’t have any issues or at least notice any issues that are outstanding.

Thanks! Reds my favorite color and it was the best color on the lot at that time lol

McFlys Ride

T3G Supporter
T3G #
Gotcha. The OVTune definitely makes a big difference but the motor is what it is so I'm still thinking gears and fi down the line myself.

And I'm going to need pics of your R32. I had a Reflex Silver R a while back. Never would have sold it if it were my dream R, which I couldn't find at the time. One day I'll add a Tornado Red R with cloth insert interior to the stable. Love the wookie sound. 👍
I have no idea how I was able to squeeze it in the bay.. I’d add a sound clip but I don’t want to bog the T3g server down.....
847BC5B7-5945-4215-BF6A-5423FD90951F.jpeg
BF692DD5-60C9-4C2A-81D0-8C9EBE4727EB.jpeg

C92509B9-7B56-4921-A580-208FB641CD48.jpeg