• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Going from a 6” lift back to stock or 3.5”

Vin_E88

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hello I’m looking at purchasing a 2017 Tacoma sr5 with a lift but it’s a spacer lift I was wondering how hard would it be to go back to stock or a 3.5” lift eventually. My buddy was telling me it can’t be done because of the hassle. I was curious on experienced people’s input here’s a picture of it. The price is good at 28k with 41,000 miles. I just don’t like the 6” spacer and don’t have the money for the lift now to swap it out immediately. Also I don’t plan on doing any off-roading immediately either.
81D0F5C9-43E4-4265-B7B2-03E61907BF69.jpeg

Wouldn't touch it. See the thread below for lots of details and input on dealing with a cheap lift and it's disadvantages.

If you plan on rubing it with a diaper in a climate controlled garage and the only dirt it sees is at the base of your driveway go for it! If you plan on using it as a truck Id say pass!

I went to go look at it and it was even better than I expected it was a pro comp 6” suspension lift but someone has tricked the dealership somehow. Long story short the carfax came back and the frame was bent or something.

You could get a base 2021 SR5 double cab for around the same price (a little more) and practically 0 miles on it without having to worry about removing the 6" lift. With the base SR5 you have the option of leaving it stock or getting a more manageable lift down the road.

Pro Comp is a fine company and all, but you won't see anyone who actually uses their vehicle off road (adventures, work, overlanding, hunting, etc.) putting a lift like that on their truck.

Back