• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

GOFSR Rooftop Tents

oldskoolarcher

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Anyone have a Freespirit Recreation - Evolution or Odyssey Tent on their Tacoma? If so, Pro's and Con's?

Thanks!

I’m using the high country. Love it, sturdy, 5 minute setup, gets a little noisy in the wind, but it’s insulated and the memory foam is great on my back. Spacious, all sides unzip if needed. Kinda hard to clean without a handheld if you get sand into it. I did find the zippers on the bottom side of the mattress helps a lot when cleaning, you can also just leave your pillow and covers in the tent. It has space for it when folded. Cover wears down quick if you don’t take care of it. I leave mine mounted as I will be overlanding full time before the end of this year. If you’re worried about gas mileage, just don’t. Get yourself a ridge line or Prius. I was at 8 mpgs before installing my Magnuson. Now I’m at 13. I don’t complain because you should see the places I’ve seen.

Attachments

• BEAECD1B-5C24-4C58-9305-E50C133458CF.jpeg
    BEAECD1B-5C24-4C58-9305-E50C133458CF.jpeg
    967 KB · Views: 76
I’m using the high country

Sorry for off-topic here, but I’m curious how you mounted it facing back like that. You have a photo of the underside?

I was thinking about it but since the fsr doesn’t have a solid bottom, I didn’t want to put all the weight on just the outside frame or just two of the crossbars.

Last edited:
Back