• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tutorial Getting patches to stick on ceiling

I use quilting "T" pins or add additional Velcro with the T pins for large/unusual shaped patches. That way, it's still removable and helps prevent sagging from extreme cold/heat.

I use quilting "T" pins or add additional Velcro with the T pins for large/unusual shaped patches. That way, it's still removable and helps prevent sagging from extreme cold/heat.
Do you have any photos of the pin system? Sounds interesting.

Great video! I do the same with my patches, but I do more of a slight twist and shout starting on one end of the patch to the other.

I gave up and just pinned some velcro strips on the ceiling with t-pins. They are never falling down now!

The “wiggle trick” worked for me, until I got so many patches that I had to start putting them in the back seat area. It seems the tighter the headliner material is stretched, the less likely the “wiggle trick” is to work. I am going to have to try the t-pins.

I use 3M Double sided tape and it works well, also the wiggle trick works pretty good.

no patches on the ceiling for me. I put mine on my hat and switch them out when I feel I need a change. but mine are more..... inappropriate.

Back