• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Gama lids…great for storage..

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Looking for easy to carry water proof , airtight storage containers…that is not going to break the bank?
I have been using the GAMA - lids..fits on any 5 gal plastic buckets , snap the Gama lid on top of any 5 gal plastic pal…
Lowes for me has been the cheapest under $8.00…Lowes also sells regular 5 gal buckets as well as the Food storage 5 gal pals…

Great to storage Dog foods too…I use to storage fishing gears, dry foods, camping gear, clothing…anything you may want to keep dry…
I will mark on top of the lids …fishing, food, clothes…etc..

Since you can pre-pack…days before…easy to grab ,throw in the truck..and GO!

I use them to store my live baits…drill holes on the side of the buckets…secure lid with bungee cords, sometime the ocean will loosen the lids..long ropes..tie to shore line…my live baits will stay alive for days…( I do have battery air aerators too…when too rough…)

You may want to get a few of them…? To storage foods…purchase the ones that say for food….
Found them cheaper at Lowes vs Home depot… I have over a dozen them and have been using them for 15 + years…
They do come in multiple colors.. Lowes only carry white…. Amazon have them too..color ones..
Aloha

Just saw the prices at Amazon…check out Lowes first..as far as for colors..maybe you can paint the tops or trim? Or use differs color of buckets, Walmart sells lighter blue 5 gals, Lowes darker blue, Home Depot is orange, another hardware store in Kona is green color..

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used those lids for years! They are absolutely the best liquid tight solution!

Back