• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

FYI: Free XM Radio this weekend (at least) for those of you who have the radios that will do it.

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
So, I went to the main XM station and chose to update channels. Took about 5 minutes but eventually it updated and now I can listen to Lithium as long as I'm not near a hill, or a tall building, or a tree, or driving next to a semi...

Anyway, if you live in a flat place this might be useful to you.

How do you update? My wife sent me a post saying I could get it but when I tried - nothing.

So, go into the main Audio menu and choose XM, from there click on "Channel List" in the bottom right and let it update, it should show you a message indicating that's what it's doing. Make sure you are in a place you can pick up XM. The XM sales pitch should be playing at this point. It will take FOREVER but eventually pulls the new list and you can get all the channels. Or at least 100 of them.

NOTE: If you have roof racks they may interfere with the reception. I have the stock racks and I had them folded out and it was really iffy.

Thanks for the heads up. Lithium isma go!

So, go into the main Audio menu and choose XM, from there click on "Channel List" in the bottom right and let it update, it should show you a message indicating that's what it's doing. Make sure you are in a place you can pick up XM. The XM sales pitch should be playing at this point. It will take FOREVER but eventually pulls the new list and you can get all the channels. Or at least 100 of them.

NOTE: If you have roof racks they may interfere with the reception. I have the stock racks and I had them folded out and it was really iffy.
The XM was only good for the weekend though, correct?

Through the 4th I believe.

Back