• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

SoCal FS: New KB VooDoo "steel max" modular mid-height bed rack (58" long - for LB or SB)

JFanaselle

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Up for sale is a KB VooDoo Max Modular "steel max" mid-height rack for a long bed or short bed Tacoma or Tundra. I purchased this rack last week to mount my RTT, and I spent all evening on Sunday assembling it and mounting it to my rig. But after some further consideration, I have decided to go a different direction with the setup (I have since ordered a Diamondback HD tonneau cover instead, and I will be installing load bars to mount the RTT).

This is the "steel max" version of the rack, which is the strongest one they make. It has a dynamic load capacity of 350 lbs. and a static load capacity of 700 lbs. I ordered the "long bed" version, as I like the way it covers the entire length of the bed instead of just the length of the mounting rails inside the bed (the long bed version also mounts right up to the short bed, attaching to the mounting tracks in the front, and to the bolts at the rear of the bed). If you want to use this for a vehicle other than a Tacoma or Tundra, you can purchase the "no-drill clips" separately from KB Voo Doo, which clamp the rack down to the lip of any truck bed.

I paid $1050 after shipping. My loss is your gain - looking to get $850 for it. This has been installed on my truck for a total of 2 days now, and it has not had anything mounted to it or placed on top of it. There are a few scuffs/marks in the finish from the assembly process and a few spots where the parts banged against each other in the packaging during shipping. The rack came with a black touch-up paint pen to address these very spots (it's very difficult to ship these things without getting a few marks on them), and I'll include that pen for you. I also ordered the Max Modular tonneau brackets (which allow this rack to install on a truck with a tonneau cover), but they have not arrived yet. I was planning to simply return them to KB VooDoo once they arrive, but if you would like them, we can work out a fair price (there is a restocking fee if I send them back anyway).

Here's a link to the rack, including specifications and several photos of what it looks like on a Tacoma with or without a tonneau cover: MAX Modular STEEL MAX 14" High Bed Rack, Fits All Toyota, Ford, Chevy, RAM, and Nissan Trucks — MAX Modular Truck Bed Racks

Back