• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Front plate

CBrob

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Was just watching Rob talk about his front plate.
I'm in Colorado, we have the front plate law too.
Anyone had this conversation with a cop?
What kind of visibility minimum is the norm?
I think I have a better angle on mine than Rob does. But still an angle

Attachments

• PXL_20201012_210759469~3.jpg
    PXL_20201012_210759469~3.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 46
I don't know what laws are, but have you looked into a hawse license plate mount, or something similar? They mount behind your fairlead, which leads me to my next question... where is your fairlead in your photo?

I don't know what laws are, but have you looked into a hawse license plate mount, or something similar? They mount behind your fairlead, which leads me to my next question... where is your fairlead in your photo?
I had to order a smaller fairlead, the one that came from warn was too tall.
Found a generic one that's all aluminum.

Unless it is highly enforced in your state, No Front Plate Tickets are usually a charge that is tacked on if you're being a moron. Officers around here don't have the time nor do they really care about someone not having a front plate, as long as they can read your rear plate.

Unless it is highly enforced in your state, No Front Plate Tickets are usually a charge that is tacked on if you're being a moron. Officers around here don't have the time nor do they really care about someone not having a front plate, as long as they can read your rear plate.
I would agree. I haven't had a front plate on my truck since I bought it. I feel like it's an add-on ticket to one they are going to give you when they pull you over for something. At least in Texas, I think it's considered more of a fix-it-ticket. Fix it, show them you fixed it, ticket is dismissed. And then take it off again. lol.

Back