• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Front lockers vs MTS

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
After watching a few videos…and the guys testing there Multiple Terrain select switch….Yes it does help…works only under 7 miles per hour, (actually less…if you go above 7 mph..it turn off a few features in the MTS…

These guys with FRONT AIR Lockers in there 4-Runners ,.when the other options stop working..they hit the front lockers, and climp right out! Very impressive..
Only some companies that offer a factory lockers front and rear.., ford’s (broncos) and Chevy Canyon and Colorado offers front and rear lockers…which is the ultimate in any 4x4 drive train…! Off course you will need to learn how and when to use them…not recommend to be use full time…

Anyone with Tacomas have Front & rear lockers? Let us know how it performs for you..? Toyota will need to consider these options of front and rear lockers…or be left behind..lol

At least we know it ..we can add a ARB air locker to the front …..$$$$ is stopping me..
Aloha, Wanna go home , but struck and struck…lol

A guy I work with sold is company ( rebuilds rear ends , front ends , re- gears, adds LSD and lockers, retired move to Hawaii …but keep busy…. He mentions if he had to add a locker..he would install it in the front first…he did this with his Jeep..and explain all the reasons…
Front end is always pulling , we’re the rear end is pushing..that is why many front wheel drive cars has better tractions…studs this?

Last edited by a moderator:
On YouTube…tittle: Understanding difference in automotive differentials..by a Teacher from Weber State Uncersity Davis ..over 1 hour long ..
He explains history of first limited slip unit 1956, by Dana corporation…then explains what an open differential works…then he slowly explains about a dozen other diff unit , the Posi’s , LSD, talks about lockers , spools …very interesting…if you want to learn about how diff works, and use of LSDs lockers
..etc…
If you have an open diff? Or want make your Tacoma a more capable off roader? Watch this
Aloha

Back