• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

FRONT END movement!!

Jeeptoyota

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Experience with Death wobbles from past builds. B UT here what I got. 1999 tacoma 170000 miles prerunner 2wd extra cab 4.3 l stock truck.

Rough Country 2.5 in. Lift
2.5 n3 coil struts for front
Rear shock absorbers
1.5 lift shackles for rear.
Have not installed 1.5 rear shackles
Drove to alignment and tire store went from 285 75 t16 to 265 70r16 Sometimes hitting bumps lose shimmy at times. Sometimes brake to stop.

What could possibly be out of line.
Just for not putting on the rear shackle. I have a couple people tell me. It's because my wheels are offset too from the truck and that probably causing any. Issues up front.

Waiting for full leaf spri gs

Could use advice.
Having a hard time believe it's because of my rims. But that's what came with the truck and I don't like him.

Fist thing I'd do is make sure everything is either tight or not worn out.

Good luck. Check out ih8mud .com or Tacoma world. We don't have much on 1st gen tacomas around here.

Back