• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Front bumper mounted winch??

Drnick

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Does Toyota sell a Front frame/bumper mounted hItch platform? And if so, what is the part #? Thx

The price people are asking for these hidden winch mounts is absolutely criminal.

I've got the cbi hidden winch mount. Works great, install is easy. Second Tacoma with this set up, very happy with its function, works to pull me and others as needed. Paired with a smittybilt x2o.
50EA1CBB-C503-4047-B765-6FDCEEE9EAF2.jpeg

For those of you who do you have a front winch/bumper how much suspension rework did you have to do to compensate for the frontal weight increase?

I got lucky and picked up an Sdhq mount used. Check market place and offer up. There is a bunch of sell groups on FB I think I got mine for 250 or 300. Also I have ads coil overs up front with 700# springs so lost no lift when I did my suspension planned on having winch up front.
A6DA3C49-1685-4E04-B3A2-0B8C96844688.jpeg
420AA758-FA53-46F1-9184-7B6343DDCFF3.jpeg

I got a front hitch receiver mount from CBI Offroad for my 4Runner. Works great and I can mount the winch on front or back depending on which way I need to pull, and don't have to pack it around for daily driving.
Really hope CBI, or someone, makes one for the Taco.

Back