• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Frnchplayr15's Tacoma Build

Frnchplayr15

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Going to show as much as I can for this truck. Already did a few easy mods last night and could believe how easy to access without taking anything off! Started off by installing LED's to to everything. Bought JDM astar's for each bulb. Of course when I installed the turn-signals I got the hyperflash. Did some research and I guess no relay's yet for it so I'm going to temporarily put the rear turn-signals back to stock for now. Not a fan of resistors unfortunately. Read somewhere on TW forum about shaving down the resistor loop on the relay so I might try that but I'll buy a spare to try it on. I previously on all my cars have had VLED's but wanted to try JDM astar's. Anyway very impressed with everything so far. Also added Lamin-X to the fogs and an Owl Car camera.

Things added as of yesterday.

• JDM astar H9 and H11 LED bulb's for Low/High beam
  • JDM astar H11 LED Fogs
  • JDM astar Amber and White LED Turn-Signal's
  • JDM astar White LED Brake light's
  • JDM astar White LED Reverse light's
  • JDM astar White LED lights for Map/License Plate/Edge Light's
  • Yorkim White LED for Dome light
  • Lamin-X for Fogs
  • Owl Car camera for a little extra security

Things soon to order

• TRD Pro grille with Raptor lights from Runnin4Taco (when available)
  • Tonneau Cover
  • Rigid D-XL Pro series Driving/Diffused lights
  • Bed cover
  • Tacoma Tailgate Black insert
  • Debadge the V6
  • Window Visors

Thanks for looking. I know this is a boring build so far but got to start somewhere.

Welcome aboard.

Not boring. We all were stock at one point. Welcome aboard!

Back