• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Four wheel camper suspension help

MTB Taco

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
New to site. Looking for input on a suspension setup that checks all the boxes...help! Let me know what you guys think. Appreciate any responses and looking forward to learning and sharing as part of the Tacoma 3G community.

Rig - 2021 tacoma DCLB TRD Off Road
Camper - 2009 Four Wheel Camper Finch (sub 700 lbs)
Driving style - This rig will be my daily/commuter. Camper will get mounted a handful of times a year. Not trying to rock crawl with 1400 lbs in back, 'overland build' is a general direction.
Payload needs - with camper and family of four and gear I assume we will hit the payload capacity of 1400'ish lbs. no plans to tow.
Goals - fit 33's (32.7's) and still park in the garage
Budget - I have a family and cars eat my wallet.
Wheels/Tires - Was planning on KO2's on stock rims or trying to locate some steelies. Worried that a lift on stock rims won't look right (did I miss leg day look)

Ive read and seen many different setups, but im sure each build had its own goals. For example I dont need a constant leaf spring load of 1400 lbs b/c I dont want my car to ride like garbage for 99% of its life and only be setup correctly 1% of the time. Also Im trying to avoid a cab mount chop if possible and going to high on the lift which warrants UCA's and more parts/$.

Attachments

• IMG_1599.jpg
    IMG_1599.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 51
For your rear with that kind of weight I would strongly recommend air bags to help support the 1400lb's. Deaver expedition leaf springs will help a lot too handle the load distribution while giving you a nice ride still.

Back