• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Forum “Posting” Newb

VMan31

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
✌🏻. Not new to forums, more like new to posting on forums, so here we go. Picked up this jewel back in April with all intentions of leaving it stock.
74F02AC6-598A-45C6-A5E5-6E5AE7C8E38B.jpeg

That’s lasted about a month.
4BDE58F8-DA66-493A-98D6-C52CCC39DFF0.jpeg
Wheels and tires to start.
Method 312 18x9 -5.75 offset
KO2’s 265/65/18
Only a inch larger than stock so the stock suspension worked. That lasted a month.....
B87CCD18-AFCB-4C3F-A2B9-35F08318CDE5.jpeg

Decided to go with a little upgrade. Eibach with factory springs up front. Had to go with 1-1/2” blocks in rear, while waiting on the Headstrong progressive AAL. Still waiting!!!
8112EED5-8967-4887-90C9-AFD84C1C63E0.jpeg

The more I looked at the stance, the more I thought I needed something, both height and width.
719AE476-24F3-437E-B6C2-123DE9BF9D27.jpeg
So I added some 1.25” spacers. Improved the stance a lot. That’s the sum of the suspension so far. I do regret not going with some 265/70’s to begin with, without spacers with these wheels, they would clear spindle. But now thinking about going with 285/65’s, with the spacers. When time allows, I’ll post more pics of other “improvements”. Kind of a lengthy post though.

4E22BE96-A98C-4C2A-A719-FF48609B7BDB.jpeg
I had to go with the Pro grill, Raptor Lights, and the vintage badge. Maybe it’s just me but the stock grill, on the 2020’s at least, doesn’t do the OR nor sport justice.

Yeah, I let a 13’ SR5 AC go. I had kept it stock. It happens for sure

Truck's looking great @VMan31 ! What's everyone doing with their stock grill after replacing it with the pro grill, other than possibly selling it locally? Facebook, Ebay, other sites I may not know about? Or just keeping it to the side?

I was planning to keep the stock grill as well, but I think the pro grill is a difference maker. Planning to buy the setup from Toyota ProShop with the white lights and TSS sensor.
Cheers All.

I let my Bro n law have the factory grill for his SR5. Sold the factory wheels on FB marketplace, which is a pain with all the Low Ballers, does save the hassle of shipping though.
I got the grill, sensor, smoked amber lights, all from Tacoma Lifestyle. They fixed an issues with moisture in the lights without hesitation. Believe they had them made by a different company and haven’t had an issue since the replacements.

I finally received my HS 3AAL this past Friday morning, of course they were installed shortly after!

Back