• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

FJ steel rim question

TheyCallMeTaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I bought some steel rims off of ebay. In the description it states 19 offset. Reading here a poster said it would be stamped on the inside of the rim. I look and only found these numbers on the side of the rim. J 17X71/2J DOT 2 23 /75MT x where the last x is a different number on each rim. One one rim it's 5, another 15, and the third I looked at 23 I think. The rims all do look exactly the same. Am I not looking in the right place for the offset and what's with these different numbers? Thanks

Usually the last number is offset, but in this case it might be a plant or date stamp.
They probably just show different because the set was pieced together.
Sometimes the inner rim will could have notes or a sticker at one point. I'm gonna guess the Toyota Part Number was there.
Depending on condition, they could have also been stripped down and refinished so some places will remove all stickers.

But I'm pretty sure the FJ Cruiser steels aren't 19mm. They are 15mm.

To make sure they are all the same, I'd just lay them flat and check with a ruler.
Just hole it down the center and measure from the center hole to the ground.

Could you post pics?

Back