• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

First YT video. Second time wheeling the T4CO @ Citrus WMA

knightacoma

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Decided to mess around and make a video my last trip to Citrus WMA. This was my second time at Citrus and I finally found some of the fun spots. Next time I wanna try the more technical sections on Trails 11 & 14 but didn't feel comfortable attempting them alone.

Give it a look! Feedback welcome.

The video was well made for it being your first. Lots of beautiful shots. Did you have someone help film it?

Good idea on not trying the harder stuff alone. I've gotten myself into a lot of trouble attempting stuff alone that I clearly shouldn't have.

Yeah I kept kicking my girlfriend out to film when I got to the cooler looking sections lol but I might look into getting a Dji Mavic Mini for some more cinematic shots

Yeah I kept kicking my girlfriend out to film when I got to the cooler looking sections lol but I might look into getting a Dji Mavic Mini for some more cinematic shots
You guys did a good job! I'm looking to learn how to film decent shots like that and I'm intimidated by the thought of it, lol.

You guys did a good job! I'm looking to learn how to film decent shots like that and I'm intimidated by the thought of it, lol.
For me it's been just a learn as you go kinda deal. They make some cool cameras that will follow the motion of your vehicle but they're pricey. Easier to have someone come out & film/ spot you haha

The mavic mini drone looks cool though because it has some preset motions that are cinematic looking

For me it's been just a learn as you go kinda deal. They make some cool cameras that will follow the motion of your vehicle but they're pricey. Easier to have someone come out & film/ spot you haha

The mavic mini drone looks cool though because it has some preset motions that are cinematic looking

The drone what I plan on getting. It’s hard out here to film by your self without expensive equipment or a good camera person lol. I end up filming my own stuff. Going to upgrade my equipment shortly.

The drone what I plan on getting. It’s hard out here to film by your self without expensive equipment or a good camera person lol. I end up filming my own stuff. Going to upgrade my equipment shortly.
I always think about how much time and effort it must take to get some of the shots the popular YouTubers use like TrailRecon. You gotta drive by your camera, up the mountain, then either run all the way back or drive back to pick up the camera. Crazy.

Can't go wrong for the price honestly.

I always think about how much time and effort it must take to get some of the shots the popular YouTubers use like TrailRecon. You gotta drive by your camera, up the mountain, then either run all the way back or drive back to pick up the camera. Crazy.
Yeah honestly filming takes some of the fun out of it since you kinda gotta stop & get out a lot. Personally I enjoy editing the videos and stuff though so it's worth it for me. They make drones that can follow you/ your truck but to get that functionality you'll probably have to shell out at least $1k

Can't go wrong for the price honestly.

Yeah honestly filming takes some of the fun out of it since you kinda gotta stop & get out a lot. Personally I enjoy editing the videos and stuff though so it's worth it for me. They make drones that can follow you/ your truck but to get that functionality you'll probably have to shell out at least $1k
Do you think people using the drones are doing it legally or is it common for everyone to just use the drone and hope they don't get in trouble?

Do you think people using the drones are doing it legally or is it common for everyone to just use the drone and hope they don't get in trouble?
Been a while since I looked up rules about that but glad you mentioned it because I completely forgot. If I remember correctly, you only need a license if you're flying the drone for commercial purposes but don't need one if it's for hobby/recreation.

Been a while since I looked up rules about that but glad you mentioned it because I completely forgot. If I remember correctly, you only need a license if you're flying the drone for commercial purposes but don't need one if it's for hobby/recreation.
Good to know.

I plan to start using one next year so I'll need to look more into it myself.

Back