• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

First time Taco Owner.

RCAWill82

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 Pro DCSB Manual
Cement
IMG_0107[520].jpg

trying to learn as much as I can and built a sick taco.

Welcome! That's a good looking truck already!! What's your plan so far?

Welcome to the forum! What do you want to do to it? Let us know if you need help.

My next is gears, or a tune of some sort. After putting the bigger tires on I can definitely feel the difference.

The OVTune helps a lot with that. Gears obviously do too, but cost a lot more. I have both.

I have been reading alot about the OVtune. Does it make a noticeable difference? Im having a hard time spending money on a tune that I dont get any physical item.

I have been reading alot about the OVtune. Does it make a noticeable difference? Im having a hard time spending money on a tune that I dont get any physical item.
That was how I felt when I ordered it. But it makes a huge difference actually. I highly suggest it because you will notice it in a few ways: initial acceleration, shifting on the highway and up hills, holding gears properly, improved cruise control, significantly lower RPMs, improved fuel mileage.

The regear also does all of that but in a different way. Having both is better than having one, but only having one is still much better than stock.

That was how I felt when I ordered it. But it makes a huge difference actually. I highly suggest it because you will notice it in a few ways: initial acceleration, shifting on the highway and up hills, holding gears properly, improved cruise control, significantly lower RPMs, improved fuel mileage.

The regear also does all of that but in a different way. Having both is better than having one, but only having one is still much better than stock.

Do we have an OV tune thread in here? I saw one in TW. I has thousands of comments and they are pretty hard to follow. I was trying to figure how it works with the MT transmission and just some more general info on it.

Back