• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

First Taco!

TheNuclearTaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hello all!
Recently traded in my 2022 Ford Maverick on my first Taco, a 2018 SR5 with 37,000 miles.
The Maverick was starting to have a lot of issues related to build quality - back window regulators going bad on both sides, roof channel trim falling off, rust in the wheel wells starting, touchscreen glitching out daily, undercarriage protection falling off...after 11 months and 8800 miles. Luckily, there's still a huge demand out there and I was about $10k right side up, so was able to put a lot down on the Taco.
Even though it's 5 years older, the Taco is in amazing condition. The previous owner really took care of it and it shows. Loving the V6 paired with the 6-speed as opposed to that ecoboost turbo 4 cylinder with the 9-speed. The whole truck just feels solid and well-built, with none of the fit and finish issues of the Mav, no undercarriage rust, and I've got a cd player which is great for me because I'm an old millennial with a million cds. With the navigation and bluetooth connectivity, I've got everything I would have used apple carplay for anyway. And I can jam the rest of my jams with the USB drive plugged in.
Digging it so far, looking forward to driving it for a long time.

Attachments

• IMG-9685.jpg
    IMG-9685.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 59
Congrats on the truck!
I am sure it is a completely different feel and ride,....

Never understood how a car manufacturer thought of giving the same name a car had to a truck.
Most do not remember the Maverick Car
Looked like a mix of the Mustang and Pinto,... It was made for seven years at a cost of $1995.00 in 1970.
Kinda makes you think how long the truck will survive as it is about as popular as the car was.
1696686343047.png

53 years later they now call it by the same name
1696686874269.png

No comparison,..... looks good!
1696687004730.png

Hello all!
Recently traded in my 2022 Ford Maverick on my first Taco, a 2018 SR5 with 37,000 miles.
The Maverick was starting to have a lot of issues related to build quality - back window regulators going bad on both sides, roof channel trim falling off, rust in the wheel wells starting, touchscreen glitching out daily, undercarriage protection falling off...after 11 months and 8800 miles. Luckily, there's still a huge demand out there and I was about $10k right side up, so was able to put a lot down on the Taco.
Even though it's 5 years older, the Taco is in amazing condition. The previous owner really took care of it and it shows. Loving the V6 paired with the 6-speed as opposed to that ecoboost turbo 4 cylinder with the 9-speed. The whole truck just feels solid and well-built, with none of the fit and finish issues of the Mav, no undercarriage rust, and I've got a cd player which is great for me because I'm an old millennial with a million cds. With the navigation and bluetooth connectivity, I've got everything I would have used apple carplay for anyway. And I can jam the rest of my jams with the USB drive plugged in.
Digging it so far, looking forward to driving it for a long time.
Comsidering the name no one should be surprised that the new Maverick has issues. I once had to decide between a 1972 Gran Torino and a 1972 Maverick. Gran Torino won hands down on looks and performance. Turned out on reliability and longevity as well.

Back