• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

First Taco, first truck build. 2020 TRD PRO

Whoa... did I miss something during your intro? That's crazy man! where are you at?

Nah I left that part out haha. I used to live in California, now I live in Florida... the truck itself is at my friends house in Nevada where I bought it (sight unseen, yolo'd it over the phone / via email. Dealer thought I was a scam :D) Wife and I are considering moving back out west so this little tour of the west is a feeler :) sorry for the delay I think I posted a reply to Tyler while your message was submitted then I hadn't noticed it.

Yes! If not obvious, it pops up:
1582816016607.png

Looks great popped up too. You said yours was in black?? Thats cool

Nah I left that part out haha. I used to live in California, now I live in Florida... the truck itself is at my friends house in Nevada where I bought it (sight unseen, yolo'd it over the phone / via email. Dealer thought I was a scam :D) Wife and I are considering moving back out west so this little tour of the west is a feeler :) sorry for the delay I think I posted a reply to Tyler while your message was submitted then I hadn't noticed it.

Looks great popped up too. You said yours was in black?? Thats cool
Yes, mine will be black, which I haven't really seen before, so it should be interesting.

OK so this virus is seemingly fkn up my plans. So I took delivery of the truck earlier this month in Reno. I don't live in Reno... I live in Florida :D

Now parts have been coming in to the warehouse where the truck is at, and my friend out there has been bolting on everything he can but now April is coming up and there's delays. I'm still waiting on my front bumper from SSO (I ordered in January) and my rear bumper from CBI (also ordered in January). I thought that 3 months would be plenty of time. I was seemingly wrong :( I'm hoping SSO can get this thing done and shipped out already because it's the most important component since it's got the winch and lightbar going in it also... oh and we already cut my bumper lol

In addition to the final two major components.... we now don't know what flights will be available come April or if they'll even let us fly come April. My wife works in healthcare and they're asking for travel plans but we're hoping they don't force us to cancel them.

This shit sucks. I've been looking forward to this build for months and now I'm in a holding pattern to see if I can make April happen or not :(

Bro Reno is too small even when you don't live here.
I met Tony at Premier when he was there Face Timing you with Garret the other day. Tony's a cool dude for sure. And rest assured you had the best in town do your PPF.

Hahah that's hilarious man. I just paid my tab at Premier and Tony just flew back from being out by me a few days :D

Now I'm not sure I can make it out in April but the truck is still getting pieced together so I'm dying to get to it and take it off road already. The plate and reg is in front of me, I gotta ship it out there lol

I've still gotta shoot him a text, he invited me over to check out the progress on your Taco. I'd be happy to take it out and break it in for you if you'd like ?

I'm sad enough as it is right now :( plus I have the plate and reg in front of me and I think the temp tag just expired. Hoping we don't get too delayed on this build / trip.

Well let me know if I can help with anything. I live less than 2 minutes away from where it’s at rn lol

How's the build coming along?

On pause :( Rear bumper shipped from CBI but the front bumper was due out of SSO who is in Louisiana and the state is on lockdown until April 30th at the soonest. That's the last piece. Everything else is in already. My wife and I are hoping we can get this trip done in June or July if we're released by then

On pause :( Rear bumper shipped from CBI but the front bumper was due out of SSO who is in Louisiana and the state is on lockdown until April 30th at the soonest. That's the last piece. Everything else is in already. My wife and I are hoping we can get this trip done in June or July if we're released by then
That sucks.... But I can't imagine how packed the trails might be right after we get through this corona virus... I am planning a trip for the summer as well.

I know this throws the whole year off for everyone :(

Bro you should get the OV Tune twin turbo kit and have Tony install it so I can check it out before I pull the trigger on it lol

Damn, unfortunate that your trip/build is pushed back so far because of everything that’s going on. Would be interested in seeing the progress pics of the build so far if you got any? Those new pros look amazing

Everything is on pause right now. I haven't been able to fly out there and the front bumper manufacturer is shut down.

@nickyreno lol How could I possibly start with power upgrades without having driven my own truck yet?! :D you buy it!

Everything is on pause right now. I haven't been able to fly out there and the front bumper manufacturer is shut down.

@nickyreno lol How could I possibly start with power upgrades without having driven my own truck yet?! :D you buy it!
I feel you. I had big plans to be hitting the road soon, lol. :cry:

At least you get to enjoy your taco in the meantime. I'm stuck in my Jeep while my Taco sits in Reno ;(

Back