• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Firewall Wiring - Multiple Lines

bonifacio

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.bracestraps.com
2019 TRD OR
Cement
Decided to just grab a firewall boot. Gonna run all the wires through there.

Which grommet would you recommend going through? Before it was through this one. Now I need to run multiple lines. It's no longer just one line. Seemed tough to get it back out and I ended up stripping off the connectors. Best to try and continue using this grommet or just try to fit them all through the one next to it? Prefer not to drill a new hole. But I guess if I add something later, I might have to.
It'll be 3-4 lines all 3+ wires of 14-16g in a protective sleeve. Would it be cleanest to go through the smaller hole next to it? I haven't looked at it yet as I keep putting this off. Hopefully it's wide enough for all the lines. Might have to remove the grommet there all together. Figured I'd look around before actually trying it. If I just went for it, it would take even longer. I could resize the wires. I'll have to cut the connectors off anyway to switch them to Weatherpack connectors for the BD Lights anyway. Then see how much line I'll need to reach the front bumper on both sides for the Side Fogs.

img_8657-grommet-engine-before_2922d27148b46202015ab21d8fff796efd416515-jpg.2358453

20191226_161752-jpg.3721399

It's this molex like plug that's the issue.
Leave these all under the hood or in the cabin. Guess it's easier to leave it in the cabin, cut from there.
Hopefully I can find all the wiring.

132.PNG

Last edited:
My first time seeing this thread. I've ran multiple wires through that grommet without issue thus far myself

My first time seeing this thread. I've ran multiple wires through that grommet without issue thus far myself
I just didn't realize how much room was there before. I uninstalled a lightbar and when I tried to pull the wire through it ripped off the connector, so I just assumed there wasn't much room.

Last edited:
I just didn't realize how much room was there before. I uninstalled a lightbra and when I tried to pull the wire through it ripped off the connector, so I just assumed there wasn't much room.
Yeah getting connectors through it is tough and I'm not sure I would recommend making the hole to big to fit them. It's easier to run wire and then slap on a connector. Obviously if you're not making your own harness that's not really an option lol. If anything you could always put some rtv on the grommet to reseal it.

Back