• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Pre-Purchase Question Fire extinguisher Mount

CBrob

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Is there a cool way to mount a fire extinguisher on the bed rail? Or anywhere else on our tacoma?

I have something similar to one of these and used t slot nuts to attach directly to the bed rail. Since I put the camper on, I lost my bed rails, so I'm not using it atm, but worked really well when it fit.

Check out the mount options from Rago fabrications and Drake Motorsports. I have the Drake version.

I have a Desert Does It molle mount on my seats and an element fire extinguisher mounted on it with a quick fist.

Check out the mount options from Rago fabrications and Drake Motorsports. I have the Drake version.

Those look almost the same as what @moostache posted but $70 more expensive. Unless I'm missing something...and I assume I am.

Those look almost the same as what @moostache posted but $70 more expensive. Unless I'm missing something...and I assume I am.

I hadn't seen his post but yeah they do look similar. I don't know about the quality of the one he posted. I do know the others I posted are solid. I would be worried that at $23 there would be corners cut somewhere in the production.

I got the Rago Fab mount because it’s lockable. I started out not locking it when I’m not out camping since I wanted to be a helpful citizen and allow anyone to use it in case of an emergency. But then, I had a shower thought and pretty much anyone could just grab it and bust my window to steal stuff. So, now it’s locked. 🤷‍♂️

I hadn't seen his post but yeah they do look similar. I don't know about the quality of the one he posted. I do know the others I posted are solid. I would be worried that at $23 there would be corners cut somewhere in the production.

It works well, but it's cheap, and you get what you pay for. The tolerances weren't that good OOTB, where the pin was really tight. Quick hit with the drill solved that.
If I were to do it again, I'd support a small business instead :)

There's molle pouches for small fire extinguishers and tons of molle racks for our trucks. Mount where you see fit.

You just made me want one Fire Extinguisher MOLLE Pouch - Medium

This is how I carry it now.

Back