• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

finally got a new build started since my accident!

OliviousMaximus

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
After getting T-Boned back in March and losing my '17TRD-OR, I'm finally up and running again with a new Taco!

I got hit in front of a used car dealership and the folks there saw everything so they helped get this used '19TRD-OR.

So far i've installed:
- Borla Stinger S-Type Single Exhaust
- K&N Series 57 FIPK Cold Air Intake
- ICON Uniball Tubular Front Upper Control Arms
- Bilstein 5100 Series Front and Rear Shocks
- Spidertrax 1.25 Wheel Spacers
- Toyo All-Terrain Tires
- and plenty cosmetic shit

Really debating on getting this thing OVtuned but still doing research on it.
If any of you folks have done the OVtune or recommend other remedies to fix the gear hunting lemme know!

Attachments

• IMG_3322.jpg.png
    IMG_3322.jpg.png
    931.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3324.jpg.png
    IMG_3324.jpg.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3325.jpg.png
    IMG_3325.jpg.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3326.jpg.png
    IMG_3326.jpg.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Definitely get a Tune. It wakes up your Tacoma. I tune with Valley Tuning. Valley Runner Tune.
I am SoCal Rep For Valley Tuning.

www.valleytune.com
More HP & Torque.
No more trans gear hunting. Smoother shifting. Holds gears longer.
Pedal response is instant.

Every one is Happy after i tune their Tacomas.

Are you in San Diego ?

Latest Video of an Install in Vegas i did last Week.
Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUiLtP1eWRk&t=518s

Yotatuner - Instagram - See my other videos

Victor- YotaTuneR

Welcome back! I was initially uninterested in tuning but after a few months of the stock programming I need a change. I'm going to try CVC first since it sounds like the most appropriate for me.

Definitely get a Tune. It wakes up your Tacoma. I tune with Valley Tuning. Valley Runner Tune.
I am SoCal Rep For Valley Tuning.

www.valleytune.com
More HP & Torque.
No more trans gear hunting. Smoother shifting. Holds gears longer.
Pedal response is instant.

Every one is Happy after i tune their Tacomas.

Are you in San Diego ?

Latest Video of an Install in Vegas i did last Week.
Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUiLtP1eWRk&t=518s

Yotatuner - Instagram - See my other videos

Victor- YotaTuneR
I am in San Diego! I’d love to check out a rig that has this in person

I have been an ovtune customer since the beginning and I will say that it is most definitely worth it. And I bought back when Matt just distributed “canned” tunes that you flashed to your truck. I paid 800 dollars back then because it was the only option and all future updates and development are free. Now Matt has evolved ovtune into a full blown tuning suite much like hptuners for example, but where ovtune really stands out is that you can not only modify any parameters in the ecu you would like but you can buy the tunes that he has perfected over the past few years and make modifications to them to suit you. Not to mention there are a lot of us customers that will go out of our way to help people out with modifications to tunes. To help you achieve the driving characteristics your looking for. I will stand behind ovtune no matter what. Matt does so much to help people and supports and stands behind his products. There are bad reviews out there from people that didn’t understand what tuning and development involved, and I can say that that is all on them for not doing more research.

All in all ovtunes vf tuning suite is an amazing tool to get what you want out of your truck, and if you don’t want to pay that extra few hundred dollars for the tune pack that Matt has already developed there are many people that will help you and guide you to tune your trans and solve the gear hunting issues. There is also some guides you can read to help you. I have an m/t so I don’t have the gear hunting issue but us m/t folks have other issues to deal with like pedal lag, rev hang, different throttle limitations that Toyota put on each gear so that you can never achieve full throttle etc. and I am happy to say I have almost tuned all of these out 100 percent. The throttle limits are fully gone, and I have it to where the throttle lag is almost non existent, the rev hang is also almost gone and the truck feels like it should!

Ohh and an extra bonus is that you can disable check engine lights for example I removed my secondary cats which threw two codes and a cel. I disabled the two codes and haven’t had a cel since. But every other code will still throw a cel if there’s a fault just as normal.

I’m going to leave it there, I’m sorry if I sounded like an advertisement but I just want to give you all the information I could and some examples, i also didn’t list any cons because well there really aren’t any. Besides price anyways. All in all there really are no disadvantages to being able to alter whatever you want with your engine/transmission as long as you don’t go messing around with ignition and fuel maps without knowing what your doing. Which Matt solved in the latest update, he made categories that range from beginner to emissions. The beginner category hides all maps that could let you cause damage to your engine. Emissions has literally every map in your ecu. If your not comfortable and afraid of hurting something you just keep it in beginner and your good to play without worrying.
If anybody has questions I am more than happy to answer them.

Last edited:
Back