• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Finally finished my second video. Victory 4x4 roof rack install.

Question about the audio in this... When you hear it, does it come off as crappy? I have a Rode mic but I had to edit the audio in this to reduce the wind noise and increase the dialogue. In doing so, it makes our voices sound different. Is it noticeable enough that it makes it hard to watch? I'm wondering if I should get a lavalier mic to avoid this in future videos.

Yeah, when you edit out wind noise you tend to lose bass in the vocal ranges as well. Do you have a dead cat on your shotgun? That can help. It's certainly not unwatchable, but the audio is always the first thing people notice.

Yeah, when you edit out wind noise you tend to lose bass in the vocal ranges as well. Do you have a dead cat on your shotgun? That can help. It's certainly not unwatchable, but the audio is always the first thing people notice.
I do have the dead cat. I suppose there is only so much that can be done if the wind was strong. But I imagine the mic being closer (like on your shirt) might help.

I think mic on you would be better for videos/ parts when you're standing more than 10ft or so from the camera and you're outdoors

I think mic on you would be better for videos/ parts when you're standing more than 10ft or so from the camera and you're outdoors
Thanks. That’s what I might have to do. I don’t want to put out low quality content.

Back