• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Favorite recipes!

ElementRob86

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Magnetic Gray
What is everyone favorite go-to recipe that just makes you feel good? Mine is a simple corn casserole! Post your recipe down below!

Attachments

• IMG_20211205_200614~2.jpg
    IMG_20211205_200614~2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 57
Hawaiian Raw Poke…Any salt water species…Ahi, Ono, Marlin, Aku, Akule, etc, even Kona Crab,
Salt to taste (Hawaiian rock salt), Sesame oil ( 1-teaspoon),raw- green onion-chop and /or raw onions- chop,
Cut fish into cubes, mix all the ingredients - refrigerate for hour or more..”Enjoy”..
For those who want to spice it up? ..just add chili pepper’s…or the “HOT sesame oil ( pre- mix with chili spices…
This same recipe you can substitute mussels, octopus(cook), cucumbers, fish cakes, imitation crabs, etc.. in Hawaii we use the Japanese word -Tako, meaning Octopus…You will find all kinds of POKE in ever supermarket in Hawaii! It is EVERYWHERE!
Pouring this over “hot rice” is very common at many places that n Hawaii, often called the POKE BOWL!
Aloha, ..this is making hungry…lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawaiian Raw Poke…Any salt water species…Ahi, Ono, Marlin, Aku, Akule, etc, even Kona Crab,
Salt to taste (Hawaiian rock salt), Sesame oil ( 1-teaspoon),raw- green onion-chop and /or raw onions- chop,
Cut fish into cubes, mix all the ingredients - refrigerate for hour or more..”Enjoy”..
For those who want to spice it up? ..just add chili pepper’s…or the “HOT sesame oil ( pre- mix with chili spices…
This same recipe you can substitute mussels, octopus(cook), cucumbers, fish cakes, imitation crabs, etc.. in Hawaii we use the Japanese word -Tako, meaning Octopus…You will find all kinds of POKE in ever supermarket in Hawaii! It is EVERYWHERE!
Pouring this over “hot rice” is very common at many places that n Hawaii, often called the POKE BOWL!
Aloha, ..this is making hungry…lol
My wife would probably like that! She loves sushi and poke bowls.

For camping I enjoy Korean Army Stew.

• 4 cups chicken stock
  • 2 cans SPAM, thinly sliced
  • 4 Hot dogs
  • king oyster mushrooms
  • mushroom caps, thinly sliced
  • 3 packs instant ramen noodles
  • Korean rice cakes for soup, soaked in cold water for 15 mins if it was frozen
  • green onion
  • 2 slices of cheese
  • 2 oz Chinese chili oil
  • sriracha
Cook the ramen in the chicken stock with the rice cakes. Cook the spam in a frying pan. When the noodles are done, add all the ingredients minus the cheese to the noodles. Cook for a few minutes and then pack it in a large Tupperware container. Bring the cheese and extra chicken stock to the campsite. When you reheat the stew at the campsite, add some chick stock and last melt the cheese over it and serve.

This is always a winner in my book

Mexican Caldo de Pollo

-Chicken Legs (5)
-Corn
-Carrots
-Cabbage
-Squash
-Potatoes
-Onions
-Garlic
-Tomatoes
-Knorr Tomatoe Bouillon
-Knorr Chicken Bouillon
-Salt
-Water

Boil the water with 1/2 onion (more if desired).
Add 1 or 2 cloves of garlic and 1 tsp of salt.
Add cleaned chicken legs to the boiling water. Cook for about 10 minutes.
Add corn and 1 1/5 Tbs Knorr Tomatoe seasoning and 1 1/2 - 2 Tbs chicken seasoning. Cook for another 10 minutes.
Add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
Add carrots and cook another 20 minutes.
Add squash, cook for another ten minutes and then add the cabbage and diced tomatoes.
Cook an additional 15 minutes.

Total cook time 1 to 1.25 hours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211207-062915_Keep Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20211207-062915_Keep Notes.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 60
This is always a winner in my book

Mexican Caldo de Pollo

-Chicken Legs (5)
-Corn
-Carrots
-Cabbage
-Squash
-Potatoes
-Onions
-Garlic
-Tomatoes
-Knorr Tomatoe Bouillon
-Knorr Chicken Bouillon
-Salt
-Water

Boil the water with 1/2 onion (more if desired).
Add 1 or 2 cloves of garlic and 1 tsp of salt.
Add cleaned chicken legs to the boiling water. Cook for about 10 minutes.
Add corn and 1 1/5 Tbs Knorr Tomatoe seasoning and 1 1/2 - 2 Tbs chicken seasoning. Cook for another 10 minutes.
Add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
Add carrots and cook another 20 minutes.
Add squash, cook for another ten minutes and then add the cabbage and diced tomatoes.
Cook an additional 15 minutes.

Total cook time 1 to 1.25 hours.
Damn that looks good. Might give that a try this weekend. What kind of squash do you use?

Back