• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Falling Off Black Bear Pass

3cent.Taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2018 Pro DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
That's terrifying. I really don't like being around big groups in situations that call for extreme caution and attention like this or rock crawling or rock climbing or mountaineering. I remember being on Angels Landing in Zion NP in a HUGE line of tourists and just freaking out at all the potential for people falling to their deaths. Same on Half Dome. The climbing was easy, but the idea of being taken out by a noob sliding down the rock gave me a lot of trouble. Imagine being bowled out of existence by a truck from above like this!!!!! Maybe I'm just neurotic.

-M

That's terrifying. I really don't like being around big groups in situations that call for extreme caution and attention like this or rock crawling or rock climbing or mountaineering. I remember being on Angels Landing in Zion NP in a HUGE line of tourists and just freaking out at all the potential for people falling to their deaths. Same on Half Dome. The climbing was easy, but the idea of being taken out by a noob sliding down the rock gave me a lot of trouble. Imagine being bowled out of existence by a truck from above like this!!!!! Maybe I'm just neurotic.

-M

We didn't even finish that last sketchy section of Angels Landing because it was so crowded. It wasn't worth the risk trying to pass people out on the ledge. I'll go back when it is less crowded.

That video is terrifying. My wife can never be allowed to see it as she already gets anxious enough on trail.

So the video states that the Jeep was a parked vehicle. I'm guessing they forgot to out a parking break or something. Maybe this is also a good teaching point to remind everyone to chock their wheels on steep trails.

We didn't even finish that last sketchy section of Angels Landing because it was so crowded. It wasn't worth the risk trying to pass people out on the ledge. I'll go back when it is less crowded.

That video is terrifying. My wife can never be allowed to see it as she already gets anxious enough on trail.

So the video states that the Jeep was a parked vehicle. I'm guessing they forgot to out a parking break or something. Maybe this is also a good teaching point to remind everyone to chock their wheels on steep trails.
I would agree. I read that the Jeep did pull the parking break, but it failed, the GF and dogs were ejected out as well, which probably turned out for the best. But, I think in that situation if I were stepping out of the truck, I would get everyone out of the vehicle incase something like that could happen.

I'm not sure I'd show my wife either. I've mentioned wanting to go on this trail, but most definitely not alone. I don't have the experience to tackle something like this.

If you're in CA/NV area, Mt. Patterson is a god warm up. It's steep with switchbacks and high alpine terrain. Very Colorado.

-M

Back