• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Factory warrenty on lifted 3rd gen tacoma

They can give you a hard time and if they find a reason that a problem is related to installation of the lift yes. But bds backs their lift and it’s certified not to change factory geometry. It’s a always a gamble man but hopefully you have a cool dealership near you

I just purchased a new trd off-road and I specifically asked this question. The dealership told me that they will not warranty the lift itself but will still warranty anything else. Will they fight it, probably, but should still be covered

My understanding is that it does not void the warranty on the truck. However, aftermarket components related to an issue that you're bringing it in for may be voided if the dealer says so. This means if you install a lift and end up bringing the truck in for an upper control arm replacement in the future, they could say it is due to your lift and not honor it. If you brought it in for a power window malfunction, they wouldn't care that the truck is lifted. Very random examples, but hopefully you get the idea.
@Tyler is on the ball
Your truck will still have your warranty
After market component that are non OEM spec aka: lift kit will not be covered under your warranty anything related to the lift kit(the rest or suspension )will NOW void warranty , however SOME dealerships will throw a blind eye if they are nice . SOME dealerships won't be as nice and will void any warranty related to suspension

Even the TRD factory cold air intake has no warranty, not covered by your warranty, and will void warranty if they feel the issue was caused by it
The TRD supercharger however was covered under you power train warranty ONLY if it was installed and purchased by trough Toyota
If your purchased through Toyota BUT installed via third party mechanic then 1yr warranty on the charger , any related powertrain issue will be voided
If you purchased via third party and installed by third party then no warranty will be given
These quotes are from another thread but they are the answers you're looking for.

Not to drag this post out if it is said in another post but look up magnuson moss warranty act
Very good ! For people to under stand that act , and also good to fully read the warranties top to bottom that came with your truck
I would suggest never to take a salesman or dealerships word on what THEY think or perceive Toyota warranties is or implies
Even with the dealers extended warranty READ is too to buttom ask questions is something is confusing.
knowledge yourself prior to going in on what is allowed and not allowed , like many have said they will try to blame everything on aftermarket parts even if it's not logical , they will do anything to get out of free work!

I had my truck in for my FREE checkup and they told me they couldn't rotate my tires because who ever changed my rims over torqued ! And there tech "broke his snap on socket"
If I want my tires rotated I should go back to who installed it
I said that's funny I torqued them on my self with my "SNAP ON SOCKET AND TORQUE WRENCH" To Toyota spec , want me to get my breaker bar out do your job for you?

Long story short
Read your warranties paperwork ensure you understand ask questions if you don't!
DO NOT take there word on what is and what isn't (half the time they don't know)
BDS keeps factory geometry DOESN'T matter Toyota don't care! If it's not factory part or factory replacement part it's no covered and will potential void warranties and others
Do not trust service reps either !
ONLY FOLLOW what your service manual states do not let them con you into unneeded services or pre mature services (ofcourse if your like me and oil change regular pre recommendations then that's fine , catastrophic failure can't help either)
But I have seen and heard dealers pushing full transmission flushes at 30,000km(18,600miles)

Back