• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Extended Brake Line Touching Spare Tire

Woad

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I'm installing my lift kit next week, to save some time I installed the rear extended brake lines today. My right (passenger rear) brake line is super close to my spare tire and will rub upon articulation. That's the stock spare as well, when I toss in a 285 it'll surely be touching the brake line?

How do people remedy this? I was thinking just bend the bottom bracket where the brake line goes in? But then, upon compression might be a unatural bend in the brake line.

Thanks for any input fella's.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_7271.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7271.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 41
  • thumbnail_IMG_7273.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7273.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 50
Maybe with a shorter brake line, or a bracket holding it out of place yet to allow for free movement through it on that side? Something better than a plastic zip tie, of course.

I feel like if the brake line rubbing on tire rubber is gonna cause wear and failure, then it's trash. It should be able put up with that type of use. Maybe just wrap it with something and stick a pad on the tire?

I feel like if the brake line rubbing on tire rubber is gonna cause wear and failure, then it's trash. It should be able put up with that type of use. Maybe just wrap it with something and stick a pad on the tire?
I agree! I think i'm just gonna wrap it with 3/8"ID fuel hose and watch it every so often. It's probably overkill.

Agree with the above. If you look at the stock brake lines, the portion that goes through metal brackets is coated with extra tubing for just that type of suspension cycling movement.

Back