• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Explore the West, screw the rest | The Story of Warthog

oretaco

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 SR DCSB Auto
White
About Warthog, and me I guess.

Hey there folks. My name is Cameron, I'm 23 years old and this is my build thread for my 2019 Tacoma SR SW DCSB, officially dubbed "Warthog." A little about me; I run an Instagram page, where I try to post as frequently I can, for work, I am a Supervisor for a Cash Logistics company. I come from Milwaukie, Oregon so if any of yall live in the area or work down on Swan Island and see me, don't be shy to flag me down! I'd love to chat. I was also the winner of Arc1 Industries "Make Your Taco, Not so Stocko" sweepstakes.

I would also like to take the time to say my dearest THANK YOU to Tyler for creating such a positive community. It truly is great to see.
Also, thank you for the formatting idea. I saw yours and thought "hey, I need this organization."

SIDENOTE: This thread is going to be updated and revamped countless amounts of times. This is just all I wanted to put into it at this time.

Day I bought WarthogWarthog as of July, 2020

74609541_499059970686778_7855981280135688029_n.jpg

108812874_10216672521955286_5126480897680145562_o.jpg

Modifications

Exterior Appearance/Body Armor

Installed
  • Arc1 Industries Stealth Series Front Bumper
  • Smittybilt Bumper Shackles
  • Spyder Auto Headlights
  • TacoVinyl "Raptor" Grille
  • Relentless Fabrication Modular Bed Rack
  • Prinsu Designs Roof Rack
Want
  • Rear Bumper with dual swingout. Haven't decided on brand yet.
  • Victory 4x4 Rock Sliders

Wheels/Tires

Installed
  • Black Rhino Tanay 17x9 -10 offset
  • 255/75R17 BFG KO2s
  • SpiderTrax 1.25'' wheel spacers
Want
  • Skinny 34s. Post up those suggestions! :giggle:

Lighting/Accessories

Installed
  • Baja Designs Squadron Sports
  • Armored Lighting 40in Lightbar
  • Smittybilt RTT
Want
  • Another set of BD SAE Squadrons for my fogs

Communications/Recovery

Installed
  • Diamond Antenna Mount
  • Yaesu FT400XDR (Don't have my license at the moment. Just listening!)
  • X-Bull Recovery Tracks
  • Hi-Lift Jack
  • Two 2g Rotopax(1 fuel, 1 water)
  • Misc. recovery gear in the box on the roof rack
Want
  • Winch, idk what brand yet

Nice truck. Please allow me to recommend smittybilt's 10k h2o winch. Have had two on separate vehicles. Great winch, nice wireless features, as waterproof as you can get, and about $500 give or take.

Hey Cameron (again). Just curious, where are you getting your work done? Or are you doing it yourself? I'm not looking to go too crazy with mods but I am interested in getting some things done and I don't really have a garage set up to work on my Taco.

Nice truck. Please allow me to recommend smittybilt's 10k h2o winch. Have had two on separate vehicles. Great winch, nice wireless features, as waterproof as you can get, and about $500 give or take.
Thank you! I wanna say I had a smittybilt on my old 2G 4Runner and loved it. I'll have to check it out!

Hey Cameron (again). Just curious, where are you getting your work done? Or are you doing it yourself? I'm not looking to go too crazy with mods but I am interested in getting some things done and I don't really have a garage set up to work on my Taco.

I do mostly all the work myself. For now, I refuse to do suspension myself as I don't have tools to do it at the moment. I recommend Wanderlust Overland or if you want to do it yourself, there is a garage that you can rent out that has lifts and all the tools you need. I think it is in Tigard but I'll have to take a look again

Nice looking ride! It's good to see that someone is rocking the 255/75r17 KO2s!

I had 255/80r17 KM3s on my Jeep before I put 35s on it. They were about 33". You could go that route if you can't find a 34" skinny. BFG also makes a 34" KO2, but they're expensive.

Nice looking ride! It's good to see that someone is rocking the 255/75r17 KO2s!

I had 255/80r17 KM3s on my Jeep before I put 35s on it. They were about 33". You could go that route if you can't find a 34" skinny. BFG also makes a 34" KO2, but they're expensive.

That's what I've been seeing 😭.. What did your 255/80s run you? That might be my best bet

That's what I've been seeing 😭.. What did your 255/80s run you? That might be my best bet
They set me back about $1100 for 5. 4WD.com had a special - buy 4 get 1 free or something like that when I bought them. Also, they were KM2s not KM3s - my bad.

Another win for the base trucks being built up!🍻

I dig warthog, although you won the arc1 contest, Warfab makes a bumper that is called the warthog and that’s just fitting.

Regardless, solid details in the build thread 👍

Back