• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Exhaust, which system will give a deep throat sound with no drone

Dart330

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 Sport DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
Exhaust, what is the preferred system to give a deep throatr sound with no droning

Flowmaster super 40 non-delta. Had this on a Ranger 4.0 and Jeep Wrangler 3.6. Healthy, deep growl, borderline aggressive with zero cab drone.

I found a site that lets your hear approx 28 different exhaust sounds, some brands have 4 choices…
NOT sure I can mention this site name…? Exhaust sound clips… there were a few that I like…

One brand that caught my ears…Carven exhaust….they say NO drones….nice tone, not very loud inside the cab….I prefer on the quieter side….I enjoy radio talk shows…more then music…so this exhaust appeals to me so far…. Stainless steel May last longer, ( Hawaii). Some brands offer lifetime warranty’s …

Long beds..are more limited…like the Carven…only for short beds…but one guy had a custom extension put on…

Some brands are made higher/ short cut tips thatsit under the bed.-Running for Tacos...not sure if you have a camper will create exhaust fume’s? I have a 6 ft bed..

So far hard to find which aftermarket exhaust gives the best performance’s…many exhaust companies make’s many HP claims..?

Do you remember when Headers were the thing? ..only thing with headers..is exhaust leaks…constant maintenance re-tighten bolts…and sometimes gaskets…

Back