• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Exhaust Reroute

SD_Taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Inferno
Has anyone done this? Looking to gain more ground clearance since it was the only place I scraped on my last trip. Looking for a shop near the San Diego area.

Has anyone done this? Looking to gain more ground clearance since it was the only place I scraped on my last trip. Looking for a shop near the San Diego area.
Did you scrape at the tip? I know a lot of people cut it off right after the diff.

No, I scraped on the crossover under the transfer case. The lowest point on the belly of the truck. I plan to put a skid plate down there but I would need to reroute the exhaust first.

there's some skids that cover the reroute if you want to leave it alone. Pilfreybilt does for sure.

No, I scraped on the crossover under the transfer case. The lowest point on the belly of the truck. I plan to put a skid plate down there but I would need to reroute the exhaust first.

I had the reroute done. Jason (goes by speedfreak on TacomaWorld) did mine, awesome dude who does awesome work. He is located in Carlsbad. I'm running Pelfreybilt mid and rear skids, with a TRD skid in the front.

edit: here's his website: http://www.speed-freek.com/

Last edited:
I had the reroute done. Jason (goes by speedfreak on TacomaWorld) did mine, awesome dude who does awesome work. He is located in Carlsbad. I'm running Pelfreybilt mid and rear skids, with a TRD skid in the front.

edit: here's his website: http://www.speed-freek.com/
Thank you. I'm actually running the same set up as you. Just got back from his place. Had some Phill's BBQ while I was waiting.

Back