• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Electric brake controller

Drnick

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Is there a provision to install an electric brake controller for a trailer under the dash?
I had a 2016 GMC Sierra which came with the harness and had a connector under the dash.

Yes. It is located behind the driver trim panel below the dash in the footwell.

Is there a harness that I can buy from Toyota? All my previously owned pick ups
Came with harness.

Thanks , I have the brake controller, just need the harness,and actually I have similar
Controller

Thanks for all the info, when I look under dash, I see only one connector , which I believe is for the data port, is there another connector ?, maybe behind the kick panel?

Thanks for all the info, when I look under dash, I see only one connector , which I believe is for the data port, is there another connector ?, maybe behind the kick panel?
It is.

Ok, removal of kick panel, requires removal of one screw, is there a dedicated block connector for a 4

Ok, removal of kick panel, requires removal of one screw, and possibly that plastic sill?
is there a dedicated block connector for the 4 pin connector that comes with controller?

Ok, removal of kick panel, requires removal of one screw, and possibly that plastic sill?
is there a dedicated block connector for the 4 pin connector that comes with controller?
The "screw" is the plastic thing on the footwell and yes the sill needs to come up as the kick panel has 1 snap into it.

Controllers do not usually come with the vehicle specific harness, you would need to purchase that separately based on model year, but most Toyota adapters have remained the same for quite a while.

This video may help you.

Original link: https://youtu.be/jCk52Rs_3iA

Back