• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Driver's Side Handle (or a lack thereof)

howlingboykin

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Howdy!

Recently I've been finding myself more and more frustrated with the lack of handles on the drivers side of my truck (besides the roof or holding on to the side of the door).
For those of you without a driver's side handle: Has anyone found a good solution to this problem? Whether that's inside the cab or outside.
I know a few chaps who have put handles on their roof racks to reach up and hold on to but I haven't crossed the roof rack bridge yet.

Left hand on the door while I step in. Never really thought about it until I saw this. More of a push than a pull, if that makes sense…

It is not cheap, but “they” make a part.

I just yeet myself and my dog in nonchalantly as my body takes the beating.

Also, does anyone hate the seats in their Tacoma or is that just me? I might need to buy some Baja seats to get a bit comfier.

Left hand on the door while I step in. Never really thought about it until I saw this. More of a push than a pull, if that makes sense…
I meant while I'm driving, but I get what you mean

I can’t get drivers side door handle I ordered six months ago,on back order,what’s the damn problem here?

I can’t get drivers side door handle I ordered six months ago,on back order,what’s the damn problem here?
Customs or whatever held KTJO's shipment and it's slowly making it's way out. Ordering does take a while but eventually shows up.
I've received everything but the HUD. She slowly responds to emails and you can catch her on Facebook.

You could also grab an UpTop Roof Rack. They have grab handles for those. I got the Bravo Rack and AAP.

Last edited:
Back