• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Electrical Does the bed power outlet have continuous power?

StormRnr

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Howdy,

Looking to install a 12v outlet in the bed that has constant power. Does anyone know if the bed mounted inverter setup have a constant on power source? I know that the inverter only runs when the truck it on, but I'm wondering if the relay is there in the bed or un the front.

-M

I believe it only runs when the truck is on, I could be wrong tho I'm horrible with electrical stuff on vehicles

I believe it only runs when the truck is on, I could be wrong tho I'm horrible with electrical stuff on vehicles
That's definitely true. I'm just wondering if there is constant power to the area, and then it on'y turns on when the engine is on.

-M

That's definitely true. I'm just wondering if there is constant power to the area, and then it on'y turns on when the engine is on.

-M
Ohh I think I see what you're asking now.. Sorry a combination of it being Monday and me not knowing much about electrical lol... I believe the answer is no, but again I could be wrong

Back