Do you wave at other tacomas?

Audidood

T3G Level: Gold
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Gerald
T3G #
Do you wave at each other on the toad? Classic car guys do, classic vws throw each other peace signs, and modded audi folks wave at each other on the road (well the older generations did, at least). Honda kids just rev on each other or try to steal each others’ parts. Is there a tacoma bro nod?

Rob Daman

T3G Level: Onyx
T3G O.G.
T3G #
I'll wave back if they wave to me, thumbs up etc. There's like way too many on the road here in SoCal. Just yesterday I saw 3 Tacos driving down just 1 block.

Tyler

T3G Level: Grandmaster
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
T3G #
I guess i should have been more specific: fellow broverlanders and fixed up tacos. :)
Stock trucks are hit or miss if they’re into the 3rd gen community. Nothing wrong with a T3G’er that has a stock truck, but it kinda sucks when I meet someone that thinks I’m weird for being excited that they also have one.

Butttt, for the fellow broverlander Instagram model trucks, I kinda look to see if they wave so I can wave back, or wave/nod first if their truck looks like it would have extra followers due to how dope it looks.

Bird dog

T3G Level: Platinum
First Name
DJ
Military
Navy
T3G #
With all the tinted windows here in AZ you can’t tell if people are waving or not.

H3llRid3r

T3G #
I wave whenever I see a sick Tacoma. No one ever notices except one rad guy in Utah when I was passing through.
It was probably me. I always wave when I see another sick Taco. Sometimes even if it’s just a stocker. Most the moded ones acknowledge. The plain janes don’t get it.

Spock

T3G Level: Bronze
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andrew
T3G #
I raise a peace sign when I drive passed a modified one (and old VWs, but no one gets it since I'm in a Tacoma). There's a couple of Tacomas around my area that reciprocate.

Tuglife

T3G Supporter
First Name
Stephen
T3G #
I actually did the other day to a guy in my town. No idea who he was but he waved back. My brother laughed so hard because he’s a Jeep guy.

Rin.Senpai671

T3G Supporter
First Name
Rin
T3G #
I definitely do. In Guam you cant go a anywhere without seeing a Tacoma. But like mentioned in the comments prior to mine, some just don't understand the community behind this type of vehicle. I'm a very Toyota person and I love my 3rd gen, but I also love my 94 hilux.

brocent

T3G Level: Silver
First Name
Vincent
T3G #
There are not that many modded up Tacomas here where I live, so when I do see one, I wave even though mine is not nearly as modded up right now. So far, I've gotten one to wave back.

jchooley13

T3G Supporter
First Name
Justin
T3G #
I did the first few weeks after I got it, only Quicksand owners reciprocated. Everyone else just makes eye contact and nods.

Still wave to Subie drivers when I'm in the truck since I still own my WRX. Always get a wave back.

Rev N

T3G Supporter
T3G #
So I had a motorcycle where everyone waves then got my CJ-5 where some people wave (not enough though) and I was thinking about this on my way home from a road trip yesterday (because obviously I love waving at people driving the same vehicles as me) when I started blinking my DRLs (I always run with mine on) at other gen3 Tacos. I'm not sure if everyone has that ability (maybe not the SRs?) and there are just waaay too many in town to do that to but out on the 2 lane highways I'll be doing that going forward.

Mr. Nobody

T3G Level: Onyx
Event Director
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G #
We wave to quicksand owners all the time, many wave back. We actually have a road game we play for quicksand Tacomas similar to slug bug. Any built truck we'll wave to as well. In San Diego there's an insane amount of Tacomas so waving to every one just doesn't make sense.