• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Do you own a Bronco?

L

Lava road

possibly a ghost :(
Just saw a article of the 2021 Broncos (not sure the months) the engines were blowing up? (46] so far? Something about the engine valves from a parts vendor that may be flaw?
I was watching a few videos of the Bronco Tie Rod snapping. There are several aftermarket companies that sell the up-grades (stronger) Tie Rods for the newer Bronco. Most cost approximately $900.00 . This problem may be bigger? Mainly for the more serious off roaders?

Does it seems todays vehicles has more issues? Then the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s ? More recalls?
You would think with new technology, newer manufacturing process, newer materials, more educated engineering? Or is it all about the $$$$? Trying to build them faster & cheaper?
Aloha

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I don't know if you remember 70's and 80's vehicles, but 100k miles used to be an old vehicle. I had jeeps and fords that got rebuilt engines at 100k. Wheel bearings and ball joints were always failing. Every time I turned a wrench I'd strip out threads. Everything leaked. Power windows worked for MAYBE the lease term. They spewed toxic lead that made us stupid. The brakes locked up sending us off the road. Lap belts!

What you're noticing is better record keeping of modern manufacturing and better communication along with more strict reporting and recall requirements that go along with the increased emissions warrantees.

Everything is better and more reliable about vehicles today. The part of use that feels different is called nostalgia.

-M

Good points! Today’s vehicles do last longer? Not a month goes by with recalls?
Aloha

Good points! Today’s vehicles do last longer? Not a month goes by with recalls?
Aloha
A recall is usually a fix or replace. They don't scrap the whole vehicle. And like I said, 30 years ago there were less recalls because they didn't recall shit. It just failed. But yes, 100k miles is nothing today.

-M

In the 2020's Broncos are a 10k miles vehicle.

Pretty bad when you have a bunch of people on a forum posting about their's blowing in a thread.

My sister-in-law Dad was a Ford dealer, she only buys and drives only Fords. They had a loaner 2dr Bronco, drove to the coffee land farm. Kept saying “this is the worst riding vehicle I ever drove! ( She owner’s 2021 Ford Ranger 4x4. And visits often. When loading passenger in the back seat , adults, terrible she says , went back a few days later to get another loaner.
The reviews that is coming out lately has not been good?
Aloha

Back