• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Diamondback Rails?

Marvin Lazaro

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Hello, I am planning on putting the diamondback cover and was wondering if anyone can help me figure out what rails I can install on it for a RTT. Thanks

I use the Kb Voodoo hi rise bars for tonneau cover.
DSC00618.jpg

It looks like it’s mounted on the bed rail vs the cover. Does that take away from having a tight seal? Also it looks like you have to remove the crossbars every time you have to open the tonneau cover? Thanks

I haven’t had any issues with the seal.
Yes the bars will block the tonneau from opening. That’s why I got the BedSlide so I had access to the stuff in the back of the bed. I usually remove the 4 bolts that secure the crossbars to the uprights and remove the tent and bars together.

@2BigTaco - I appreciate the feedback. Looks like you have a nice setup on your truck!

Back