• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Dasaita 9.0 T9 head unit upgrade

TacoDave

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
I know it’s a thread on TW. But does anyone have the T9 Android auto upgrade? Have a couple questions coming from owning iOS for years now. Lol

Last edited:
Not yet, as it’s being shipped at the moment. Currently using an iPad mounted to a Expedition Essential TPAM. Are you familiar with the Facebook group? It’s where you can get some solid answers.

In addition I started a thread once I ordered it to get any feedback. https://tacoma3g.com/threads/head-unit-feedback.10212/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/t94runner/?ref=share
Ah nice! Thanks! The head unit is great. I figured out a fix off YouTube that gave me an idea. Lol

Ah nice! Thanks! The head unit is great. I figured out a fix off YouTube that gave me an idea. Lol
Keep working out the bugs! I will be picking your brain......did you install a SIM card?

Keep working out the bugs! I will be picking your brain......did you install a SIM card?
Have not, nor an apple CarPlay dongle which i learned about as well haha.
I’ll hit you back with this, what’s the SIM card for with the unit?

Have not, nor an apple CarPlay dongle which i learned about as well haha.
I’ll hit you back with this, what’s the SIM card for with the unit?
From my understanding it helps with signal and if vehicle is stolen can use it to locate as well. I need to dig into it more to be honest

From my understanding it helps with signal and if vehicle is stolen can use it to locate as well. I need to dig into it more to be honest
Same here. I googled the SIM card use after you asked & it seems it could also help with internet connection. I have a couple old SIM cards from t mobile phones I’ve accidentally broken, will try adding one see what it does. Where is the SIM card port located??

Attachments

• 55FD6F82-D6AD-4F8B-B6F3-70ACE0FA9D09.png
    55FD6F82-D6AD-4F8B-B6F3-70ACE0FA9D09.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Back