• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Cv axles

tacosmurf

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
2020 Tacoma readylift 3''front 2'' rear. 50k miles axle boots cracked and leaking. Replaced axles and 10k miles later,fluid coming out from case.what gives,could the lift be causing this.? 🤣

Bad seal. Also, the outer bearing. Check and see if there is a lot of play in the CV at the axle. If so, get the ECGS bushing and seal replacement kit.

TIP: If you have trouble getting the removal tool to fit, grind it down a bit on the back side so that it will fit. The one I used would not fit without modification.

-M

Upvote 0
Bad seal. Also, the outer bearing. Check and see if there is a lot of play in the CV at the axle. If so, get the ECGS bushing and seal replacement kit.

TIP: If you have trouble getting the removal tool to fit, grind it down a bit on the back side so that it will fit. The one I used would not fit without modification.

-M
Thank you

Upvote 0

-M
Thanks for the tip, I will keep it in my mind. :)

Edit: It is very helpful for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

-M
Thx for info.had to replace axles needle bearing and everything that needs to replaced.clam shell sleeve .it cost me but I lovecthat truck.

Upvote 0
Back