• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Custom grills

Mdunn

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Recommendations for custom grills? I was going to buy the one from mc auto parts but it looks like the website is down and has been for a while

Have you notice …everyone it changing to the “Pro grill look” and now they are all starting to look the same?
I do like the looks of my factory grill on the 2019 TRD Off road…but that is my choice …Toyota grill designers spends hundreds of hours creating a look they feel for each level of Tacoma…that would be appealing…
Sometimes they do get it right..? Other times ..um?
The more we change to look different..the more we begin to look the same…? Lol
Aloha,

If you want the best and custom made contact these guys! From experience I will not use DB customs

If you want the best and custom made contact these guys! From experience I will not use DB customs

Do you mind sharing why? I've been lurking this thread and liked what I saw by DB customs

Do you mind sharing why? I've been lurking this thread and liked what I saw by DB customs
DB customs used designs from BAMF to create a product, however not the reason I would use them again. I have a DB grill which came with a 20" light bar but there are no supports to compensate for the weight of the light included, therefore over time the grill will sag and create other issues once again just my experience.

This

Attachments

• 6091673A-CD74-4463-A3ED-05652A921778.jpeg
    6091673A-CD74-4463-A3ED-05652A921778.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 50
My favorite grille is the stock SR grille which is what I put on my truck. But I kind of wish I had the black bezel version.

1645477643192.png

0EAE869C-5A76-4051-8CFD-BF1CD05E492D_1_201_a.jpeg

I'm with you on the black bezel. But for what it's worth the chrome blends in nicely with the quicksand paintjob. I hate the chrome on mine but it's black. Stands out like a shiny sore thumb.

I'm with you on the black bezel. But for what it's worth the chrome blends in nicely with the quicksand paintjob. I hate the chrome on mine but it's black. Stands out like a shiny sore thumb.
True. And I still have the little bit of chrome on the mirrors, which isn't something I would spend the time to change. So I guess it works on mine.

I want something like these for mine.

I want something like these for mine.

These are cool but this is why I'm glad I don't have the sensors:

1645479441249.png

Last edited:
I know, but I'll live with it. Aside from my dislike of chrome I don't have aesthetic goals. It's the simplest grill I can find and I prefer function to determine form with my truck. My cheese grater is fine but I expect it to shatter with any real impact. One of those will be its replacement, for sure

@tacovinyl is where I'm going for my aftermarket grill. I know most of you guys don't like the pro grill since everyone does it. So I'm getting mine fully color-matched to calvary blue, not sure what I will look like when it's done but it will definitely be something different!

Taco Vinyl (https://tacovinyl.com/)

Back