• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

current Toyota Tacoma production and supply line

JCC

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
I "ordered" a '23 Tacoma access cab TRD Off Road a couple weeks back and was hoping to take delivery this month. I use quotes for ordered because the truck was already in transit and did not go through building online or anything like that.

I have an inquiry in to my sales guy that I should have asked before: how long was my truck in transit before I came along. I put down my deposit on 6/8/2023. Had sat down the sales guy and his manager a week or two before that while talking to dealerships that showed to have the configuration I wanted on the way. At the time, they said they expected the truck by 6/12. The new expected dates were 6/19 - 26. I called on Monday 6/26 and was told there is limited information available until the truck is on the way to distribution(Houston).

Anyone have knowledge about any of this? I do not think my sales guy is being dishonest though maybe he is. Maybe he is getting limited information from his management or maybe information really is limited on supply line. New date I was given this week is mid July. Trying to be patient and I am sure I am not the only one who had to wait a while since the plandemic vs picking a vehicle off the lot like the good ol' days. :cool:(y)

bump to see if anyone has insight

currently being told mid-July to end of the July is when they expect my truck to be at the stealership

i went through the same thing with mine in january. they put the date off a couple times, then the afternoon before we were leaving the country on vacation, the salesman called and said the truck was here. it ended up being about 2 weeks earlier than the first date he gave me, but the worst possible timing. wife's deal with subaru in december was the same. they put off the date once but it came in before the first date. i've bought over a dozen new cars in my lifetime and this was by far the weirdest experience. the "trade in" was the most bizarre, since they technically didn't have the new car in their inventory. they offered to buy my FJ and i would be without a ride until a taco came in. they said if they "didn't get this one, they would get the next one that matched what i wanted". crazy. thankfully the used car market was still up and i managed to sell both old cars for a lot more that the so-called trade in.

thank you for the scenario

I literally just heard today from my salesguy that my truck has moved from allocation status to freight status. He said it could be in as early as next week. We'll see. Had found out about the below website that may be helpful for anyone trying to track down their incoming Toyota or Lexus.

https://toyota-tracker.com/lookup/ (insert VIN here)

Here is what mine shows as of today where it was not previously showing available in the system.

1691646102081.png

the different stages of the vehicles getting from production to the dealership(or at least how this website explains it):
1691646165402.png

truck delivered Friday 8/11 and so worth the wait (knowing others have waited longer)

will start a new thread for the truck with some random photos/questions

Back