• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Curbside Inferno

haas.evan

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.evanhaasphotography.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Inferno
I recently converted over from my '91 Isuzu Trooper to this truck and its been a fun process. It's a slow build but the goal is to have something that I can take my bikes and boats anywhere I want to go.

Leaving the dealership Jan '19
20190119_140141[1].jpg

As it looks today (Dec '20)
DSC06450.jpg

Current Upgrades
Exterior

- C4 Hybrid Front bumper
- Sport hood (swap from an accident)
- Prinsu Cab rack
- KB Voodoo bed bars
- Hood struts
- All Pro bed stiffeners
- ARB high performance compressor (mounted in bed)
- DuroBumps bump stops
Interior
- Entire interior blacked out by MESO customs
Suspension/Wheels
- Icon Stage 4 (billet)
- Method Race Wheels 701s (17x8.5 )
- Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285/75/17
Lighting & Electrical
- Baja Designs Squadron sport (hooked up to factory fog switch)
- Baja Designs S2 ditch lights
- Switch Pro SP9100 (mounted to PowerTrays unit)
Camping & Recreational Gear
- CVT Mt Shasta roof top tent
- 1UP USA bike racks

Future Plans
- 5.29 gears
- high clearance rear bumper
- more lights
- winch
- rock sliders
- exhaust reroute
- dual battery system w/ solar panel on roof

Last edited:
Welcome aboard.

20200210_074918[1].jpg

Back in February I managed to find a trophy Mule Deer while going 50 in a snow storm across Montana. Without the brush guard up front the truck would not have driven away from the wreck. However, we managed to continue our ski trip with no leakages or pieces falling off. 2 months and $9000 later the truck never looked better.
20200328_083425[1].jpg

Even managed to get a hood swap out of the deal.

:oops: Dang man! I'm glad you were alright, that's intense. Now the brush guard makes much more sense based on your location. Glad you got your taco survived too.

20200429_152949[1].jpg

Truck as it looks today
After getting the truck back from the shop I went on a chrome purge and some cosmetic niceities:
- Black wheel vinyl (until I get new wheels)
- MESO Customs interior chrome delete
- Black bumper cover
- Hood struts

Eventually I'm going to have to put some focus back to the cruiser in the background. It tends to be a bit more needy.
20200407_142036[1].jpg20200409_154428[1].jpg20200429_142706[1].jpg20200429_142715[1].jpg

Last edited:
:oops: Dang man! I'm glad you were alright, that's intense. Now the brush guard makes much more sense based on your location. Glad you got your taco survived too.
Thanks man. These trucks can take a solid hit. The future definitely holds a steel front bumper with full bar work. Hopefully that will give even better protection.

I'm not sure if its steel but I'm a huge fan of the ARB summit bumper for these trucks.

I'm not sure if its steel but I'm a huge fan of the ARB summit bumper for these trucks.
Ya, I've got that bumper on my cruiser and it is solid. It's a bit bigger than what I am looking for on the truck though. Thinking about going with a CBI T3. It's steel and has a more sleek design.

Finally got my lift and new wheels put together. Every single part that I've added to this truck has been done curbside, mostly in the cold Montana winters. Over a couple days the Icon Stage 4 lift and 285/75/17s went on the truck.

Attachments

• DSC06453.jpg
    DSC06453.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC06483.jpg
    DSC06483.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 73
I use a Sony A7III with one of their basic 24-70 lenses. Still working on stepping up the lens quality but those things are pricey.
I just got the a7C which is basically the a7III and yeah, the lenses are pricey. But having a full frame mirrorless camera is a huge upgrade to our old T5i and iPhone combo.

I just got the a7C which is basically the a7III and yeah, the lenses are pricey. But having a full frame mirrorless camera is a huge upgrade to our old T5i and iPhone combo.
That a7C looked like a solid camera. I'm sure you'll put it to good use while out and about with your rig. Looks good on the 37s by the way.

Back