• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Creative Front End Light Mounting

Overlandwannabe

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 TRD OR AC Auto
Magnetic Gray
Anyone have images of creative or diy fab ways you have mounted driving or off road lights to your rigs?
Looking for cool ideas. Prefer not to involve $1000's bumpers or cutting. Thanks!

What do you have access to? Tool wise that could be used to fabricate stuff?
You're really limited to mounts.

Have a budget and what lights do you want? Just dodge the super cheap Chinese Amazon ones. Coating wears fast and they are made thinner.
Nice ones are only a little more. You have a nice truck. So you can definitely afford the slight tax.

Caliraised makes a decent hidden light bar mount. $60. I recommend it because it has more mounting mounts and is solid. I had this before.
1695673986826.png

A lot of places make ditch light mounts for your hood.
There are also light bar mounts and mounts for your bed.

Other than that, I wouldn't add much else.
There are areas underneath that you could mount the light to. That's an option if you wire it cleanly.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Sorry just realized I did a crappy job explaining. My goal is to improve spread vision on trails. Am considering hood mount ditch lights but also thinking of mounting something like Black Oaks led closer to the ground along the bumper with something like this from n-fab
I don’t do fab work but I know a sick welder who can also bend and pretty much custom anything. I was just looking to see what might be out there.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry just realized I did a crappy job explaining. My goal is to improve spread vision on trails. Am considering hood mount ditch lights but also thinking of mounting something like Black Oaks led closer to the ground along the bumper with something like this from n-fab
I don’t do fab work but I know a sick welder who can also bend and pretty much custom anything. I was just looking to see what might be out there.

Do you just dislike the hidden light bars or are you trying to go for a unique look?
1695690531599.png

Could look at just mounting here:
1695690693783.png

1695690831406.png

So the picture you shared would replace the bumper bar. But it's for a F150.
They do have the Tacoma ones and they are just something special...
1695690293291.png

1695690388009.png

Back